Software
Houzz Logo Print
mmilliken123

Dining room light Fixture\Paint Table?

10 years ago
I need a light fixture that works w/ vaulted ceiling. The Dining table & chairs was our first purchase as a married couple 20+ years ago. I don't want to get rid of it but need help updating the space. would love your suggestions!!! Thank you in Advance!!

Comments (25)

  • 10 years ago

    Here are some pendant lights that can be mounted on high ceilings- not sure where they are from, just found some pictures here at Houzz:

    or for a little glam:

  • 10 years ago
    Thank you for the visual references, that helps a lot!! Do I hang one pendant or 2 above table??

    What about the table? Paint it or Leave it??
    Thank You!!
  • 10 years ago

    It's a lot of brown- you could paint it or you could get a colorful area rug to place under it. Depends on the size of the pendants- 1-3 is the norm.

  • 10 years ago
    I would not paint the table. The way I think you could update is to disperse the honey color of your table around the dining area. First I would paint the alcoves black. This will tie in your buffet. Then add honey/gold items but keep them bold and specific. I agree with orb idea but try to find ones like example that are wood - honey tones and some black. In all the pictures the ceiling doesn't look vaulted, but the do make adapter kits for hanging lights on a slanted ceiling. I would add an area rug with black and gold and update the fabric on your chairs. The area rug is an indoor/out door one so you could just hose it down for spills.
  • 10 years ago
    Sorry, the wood logs aren't really logs. You can get the wood pieces at the craft store and then just mount to a board painted black.
  • 10 years ago
    A
  • 10 years ago
    B
  • 10 years ago
    Or C?
  • 10 years ago
    I think 1 & 3 are too rustic. 2 looks like a foyer light. Would you consider a multi-light like I showed you earlier? I like that also because you will see it from your loft area. I would also look at something rectangular. How long is your table?
  • 10 years ago
    Here are a few more. I'm going to measure the table and send a few more details. Thank you for your help!!
  • 10 years ago
    Ballard
  • 10 years ago
    Black
  • 10 years ago
    Other side of fireplace is a living room.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    i doesnt look like the three covered boxes over the table are in a line? or is anyone of them centered over the table? here is what i suggest.

  • 10 years ago
    Table is 70 inches but can be extended 120 inches. Ceiling height is 16 feet. The cover away from the door is centered above table. Since we bought the house we haven't had a chandelier.
  • 10 years ago
    What is the price of the Orb with the candles in it? Can I find it online to see the specs? Thanks for your comments, this is so helpful!
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    that is by uttermost lighting...http://www.uttermost.com/p-4349-gironico-round-5-lt-pendant.aspx?EID=57&EN=Category

    it is just the right size really the price is 372.00

    There is a lot going on with the fireplace and shelves and table and kitchen pass through. and enough square, round will soften up, simple is much better here. maybe even go down to 4 chairs instead of 6.

  • 10 years ago

    have you considered doing the fireplace surround in the darker colour, like the accent wall? I would do the dark -grey?- in the central shelving and fireplace surround, and maybe lighten the other wall. Al the pendants are nice, but I think a good modern sculptural light, would look great, without nailing you down to a specific style. Will pop in a photo example if I can find one!

  • 10 years ago


    Transitional Living Room · More Info

    Bergen Street Residence · More Info

    Pine Library · More Info

    Bay Lake Project · More Info
    1st photo, i really like. shows also what darker shelving would look like, it should be the accent, in t=your beautiful room!

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi,

    In Galilee lighting we make unique lighting which can be designed to fit a vaulted ceiling, according to the angle of the ceiling.

    If you would like to receive our catalog by email, contact Sales@GalileeLighting.com


    Orchids chandelier - by Galilee Lighting, contemporary dining room · More Info

    GREY GLASS PENDANT LIGHTING, RAIN DROPS CONTEMPORARY UNIQUE LIGHTING by Galilee · More Info

    CONTEMPORARY DINING ROOM CHANDELIER, BEAUTIFUL CLEAR GLASS CHANDELIER · More Info

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Some pictures from our blown glass collection


  • 10 years ago
    Thank you everyone! I will send a picture of the completed project! Thanks for responding!! I love this site!
  • 10 years ago
    Somethig lime this. You havé Italie as low as toujours Walt.
  • 3 years ago

    What did you choose?