Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_5288761

help my small dining area please!!! paint colors???

13 years ago
Help with paint colors please????

Help!!! Small apt. Dining room. I just bought the wall decor,ceiling fan (expresso colored blades) expresso chunky mirror and expresso wood dining set, I have candle sconces to hang beside mirror, (not hung yet). Wall to wall light beige carpet. I need to know, how do I paint to make it appear larger and what color? My thoughts: I want to paint the top half only ( have 2 year old who scuffs bottom half daily) repaint the baseboard and trim the same bright white to refreshen. I'm torn between a lighter beige (Bm revere beige, greenish (benjamin Moore palladian blue) or yellow tinted beige (BM shaker beige) I like fresh looking walls, and neutral colors. Wall art is neutral with red,** I don't like bold, statement colors such as salsa red or orange. ***Just simple but nice. What are your suggestions of paint scheme and color?

FYI: this dining is open to my living room that is not painted yet, and I have new mossy green colored living room furniture , with express wood end tables. Dining area is easily seen and combined with living room. I would like to stick with neutrals and green,red,brown/gold tones for both rooms. Opinion on wall colors please

Comments (8)

  • 13 years ago
    Last pic is furniture color.
  • 13 years ago
    Ideas??
  • 13 years ago
    Please help? First time here, am I postrping in the right location?
  • 13 years ago
    Not good writting in english, hope I explain. If you want to look taller when you dress up, you dress all with the same color from top to bottom. I think it is the same thing here.
    If you want to make something to look profound or larger you go with the darker colors. And also they would give personality to the room.
    Even if it is a small dep, the dinning room is where you can make it different and the focal point of the house.
    I think there are two ways to gonto make it biger: crazy but might work: cover all the wall (where you have the hanging mirror) with mirror, wall to wall. Or paint it in one same darker color than the palette you have in all the house.
  • 13 years ago
    The dark color at the walls give a profound feeling.
  • 13 years ago
    I can't see the space you have between the wall and the chair, but you have enough, you can use a large, tall, thin table, down the mirror (it would go larger than the mirror) and two tall plants to enmark the mirror or two same thin lamps over the sides of the table. Or to give a feeling of a larger room you could try hangin in (as an horizontal way) several framed art pictures but of the same dimensions. Not heavy looking. With not too many diferent colors between them.
    The central lamp: I suggest to hang it less tall to the table. Or place a tall accesorie with flowers over the dinning table.
    Hope I explained and sorry for the misspelling
  • 13 years ago
    Have you thought about painting the lower half of the walls with chalkboard paint? Your two year old could go to town and create some art for you! Chalkboard paint comes in a variety of colors, it doesn't have to be black. [houzz=
    Child's Bedroom · More Info
    ]
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks. I think i will do the chalkboard paint in my daughters room, I dont think it would look good in my main living area,but great idea for her room .
Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio