Software
Houzz Logo Print
marria77

Help me style this long living room wall please!

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

Hi! I recently moved into this new apartment. It is small and the living/dining area is a narrow 12 feet but 20 feet long until the kitchen.

We have an active toddler, so we put the couch to the furthest side of the wall to have a little play space to the right of it.

Problem is...we have a very long and bare wall and I just don't know what to do with it. Initially I did not want to hang anything up- just for safety reasons, since I don't want my son to stand on couch and knock down a painting or anything...but it just looks so so bare and undone.

so now I am open to finding a way to style it with art but definitely NO mirrors or anything heavy.

What in the world should I do? Especially where couch and play area are next to each other and not grounded by another table.

i should add that my style preference is transitional/modern. The red wall doesn't match our furnishings but we can't paint...so I have to make it work.

i have attached a photo of the rest of the living space (it's really one just one not so big room) to get an idea of what is in here. I have hung up some molas in the hallway and think they look nice! Normally I prefer abstract art.

I I definitely need help on what to put on the walls but welcome any and every bit of advice on styling the place. I hate that our TV is on the fireplace and would MUCH prefer a large canvas art there...I am working on finding a table to go in left of fireplace to put our record player, so we can put the TV on the expedit to the right. The bookshelves are bolted to the wall for baby proofing, so I can't move those.

thank you and really any any advice- on colors to add to make the place feel cohesive. As you can see there are a lot of toys everywhere and that can't change but I still want it to look pretty :)

Comments (11)