Software
Houzz Logo Print
dar76

Kitchen and dining area lighting--I'm stuck.

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

My dining area and kitchen are adjoining. I love the Kenzie "mercury glass" chandelier that I purchased from Pottery Barn but am stuck regarding pendant lights for my peninsula. They do not have to match the dining light as far as mercury glass goes, but I'd like the metals to match (antique bronze/oil-rubbed bronze) and the lights to coordinate. My cabinets are white and the countertops are black. I am not sure if a metal shade in the oil-rubbed bronze would be too dark over the black countertops. Really stuck on this decision for quite a while. My overhead flush-mount light in the kitchen is oil-rubbed bronze with a white shade (see first photo). Would an oil-rubbed bronze and milk glass pendant look weird with the mercury glass chandelier? Should I choose the solid metal oil-rubbed bronze shades? I like Edison bulbs and would like to install them into my pendants. Any suggestions?



Comments (7)