Software
Houzz Logo Print
vicki_geraci

Where are there models homes for his plan to do a walk through?

10 years ago
230 Red Hill Road · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you!

  • 10 years ago

    what type of siding and what color

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    The siding is by James Hardie and I don't have the color

  • 10 years ago

    I called the Dunes River Guest Cottages where this picture was taken
    from. They have no idea what the original color name was if there was
    one. They were able to have Randy at Riverside Hardware match it for
    them.

    http://www.riversidehardwareandpaint.com/sb.cn

    Randy said this is the formula he used to match it up using Benjamin Moore paints:

    Using Regal Exterior Low Luster 1 gal.

    N401-2x Base

    Y3 1 x 10.25

    F1 1 x 4.0

    W1 16

    R3 1.5

    The trim is Simply White OC 117

    The shutters are PM12 Black Forest Green

    Randy
    said they had used historical paint colors at the time down there when
    they built up that area. The two closest colors to it would be #1487
    Herbal Escape or HC108 Sandy Hook Grey in Benjamin Moore colors.He
    said if you just wanted to try it out, your paint store can use the
    formula above to downsize it for a pint size sample. I would like to
    thank the staff at the Dunes River Guest Cottages and Randy at Riverside
    Hardware & Paint for taking the time to share their great ideas!

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I wish there was an edit button here . . . update 8-16-16 finally made it to a hardware store that sells Benjamin Moore since no local BM stores. Well when putting in the formula at BM there is no such thing as a F1. So by process of elimination it was clear that F1 should be S1. F sounds like S over my cell phone. Then tried to get a pint or quart size to test it out. No way I can I get that. I would have to buy a gallon size to test out paint color which goes for $48.00. That was ridiculous! I was able to see the two colors that were close, the Herbal Escape and the Sandy Hook Grey HC-108. They both look similar. I marched over to Home Depot and was able to substitute Behr's Premium Plus Ultra in a color sample size in matte/flat finish for interior/exterior for all of $3.27 each. They were able to pull up both of these BM colors no problem. So for less than 7.00 and can test out both of these colors. HD said they didn't know how BM Y3 translated into a HD color. So if anyone knows how to hack BM colors into HD colors with this formula that would be great. Please share. I am sure HD knows since someone has cracked all the colors and put it into data base so we can pull them up. I painted one coat on Hardie plank scrap tonight and will put another coat on tomorrow to get a better idea how these color look on siding. I also emailed an executive at Benjamin Moore but he was on vacation and back now and haven't heard back so they really don't care. I was thinking about using Benjamin Moore on my cabinets but I just think they are over priced and really not much help. There is no way I would spend $48.00 for a gallon just to test colors for that either!

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals