Software
Houzz Logo Print
secondspring

Arugula turning purple and yellow

10 years ago

Hey all,

I'll attach a photo below: some of our high tunnel arugula is failing to size up, turning yellow and purple rather than forming nice, full, green leaves.

1) It's not lack of water.

2) No aphids on the beds.

3) We add a significant amount of high quality compost when replanting beds, so I don't think it's a fertility issue.

4) I don't think it's from overheating, because it's happening on one of our outdoor beds (under row cover) as well as in the tunnels.

It's also spotty on the beds- in some spots we have nice arugula that's either full size or seemingly on its way to full size; in other spots we have terrible growth.

I will say that these are movable hoophouses, so the arugula was originally seeded outside, and we did have some heavy rains--so over watering could be the issue. I've just never seen this kind of growth problem, and don't really know how to diagnose it.


Thanks y'all.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio