Software
Houzz Logo Print
pschr

Seeking grout color choice for backsplash

10 years ago


backsplash · More Info
Tile is walker zanger cafe series, color is latte. Counter top is Napoli. Cabinets are Maple - golden with mocha glaze.

Comments (17)

  • 10 years ago

    This picture is taken at a distance. Please ignore all the other tiles on the wall.

    backsplash · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    I'd match the grout color to your tile color. You've got a pattern in your countertop & cabinets (wood grain) so a solid color backsplash would be my choice.

    pschr thanked romy718
  • 10 years ago

    I agree with Romy. I had a similar choice and glad I matched it. The tile guy did a quick board to show me the two colors and that made it easier.

    pschr thanked a2gemini
  • 10 years ago

    I'll be the outlier here and say that I'd go with a bit of contrast. In your first photo, of the two, I'd go with the grout on the left.

    pschr thanked Carrie B
  • 10 years ago

    I'm another vote for a match. I can see the view point of a contrasting color, but I would go with a lighter (but not white) contrast (versus grout be a darker contrast). I think darker grout would pull your focus from the tile to the grout.

    pschr thanked jennbo
  • 10 years ago

    Thank you for all the comments. I do not want a checker board look. These are two choices that are closer to a match. The one on the left is ivory and the one on the right is praline (praline was on the right in the above pictures too.).

    backsplash · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    I also wanted to add we will be using the 3X12 tile size.

  • 10 years ago

    I like the praline. If you do not want a "checkerboard look" match the tile with the same color grout.

  • 10 years ago

    The ivory looks like a good match but you could do a sample to be sure - grout a few tiles & let them dry overnight.

  • 10 years ago

    I'm excited for you! I have the cafe series and it's lovely when installed. Its imperfections make it so charming. Good luck!

  • 10 years ago
    Klcharles did you match the grout to the tile ?
  • 10 years ago

    No, but my tiles are the milk color, not latte. Grout is a light grey. I planned on white grout but the tile showroom employee convinced me to pick something with a slight contrast to highlight the tile's imperfections which make the cafe series special. I love the contrast but also think matching would be nice in your kitchen with your other choices. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

    pschr thanked klcharles
  • 10 years ago

    Klcharles do you have any pictures you could post? I would like enough of a contrast to highlight the tile but not to make it look like a checker board. I am leaning toward the praline.

  • 10 years ago

    Your kitchen is a dream! Thank you for posting pictures. I have samples of milk cafe and Silverado grout so that will definitely help me see the contrast. Again, Great job with your kitchen it is very lovely.

  • 10 years ago

    If your tile has that much lippage, I'd match the grout as closely as possible. The lippage is providing quite a bit of texture so I don't think you need to accentuate it with color.

    pschr thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Mayflower, you are talking about NOT doing something like this?

    Golden Triangle Ottawa Kitchen Renovation · More Info

    But something more like this? Is that correct? I can't tell if the grout below matches or is a shade lighter.

    Craftsman Kitchen · More Info