Software
Houzz Logo Print
floridacasey

Hinges

10 years ago
First and foremost, I wanted to say thank you for answering everyone's questions on this post. It's been invaluable as I've set out to build my own version of this fence. I must say I have a heightened appreciation of the attention to detail in your work. I spent all weekend hanging sanded, stained horizontal cedar boards and I *almost* have 7 ft of fence installed. Almost. Seventeen feet and two double gates to go.

Speaking of gates, I noticed that your hinges are at 90 degrees when this in-swing gate is closed. A lot of the how-to pics on the internet show hinges installed flat (180) with the hinges either inside or outside the fence depending on gate swing. I'd assumed I had to install the hinges flat or risk some terrible gate demise later but your gate hinges are making me re-think. Are there any special considerations for the hinges installed at 90 degrees as you show?

The plan: 45" wide gate, 2x4 frame plus diagonal with two 10" ss heavy duty T hinges top and bottom. Gate will be same thickness as fence.
Banyon Tree Design Portfolio · More Info

Comment