Software
Houzz Logo Print
northgehl

Holiday Decorations, Lets See Um!!!!! Chapter II

10 years ago

Ok, everyone, lets get back in the mood. Show us your cool
Holiday Decor. These can be things you made, things you arranged, your
favorite item. Or, it can be something you find online and want to
share. This is the spot. If we each try to add one or two things a
week, we could have good cheer up to New Years!

Modern Decorative Pillows | AllModern · More Info

And just to be clear, though I have not found any yet (kinda counting on you, I mean all holidays) Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh!

(The mgmt of this site will not tolerate any personal attacks. swaying from topic is fine and enjoyable, but bullies need not attend. Thank you)

I really like this....
I made this, isn't it luscious!....
My holiday is and we......
i don't have any cool stuff, but one year.....
And no, there will be no Tardis door this year!

Comments (181)

  • 10 years ago

    better run out and look don't think i'll be here for next. ewwww roxsy!!

    While you are looking don't get hit by the meteor shower!

  • 10 years ago
    oh, havingfun you never know. I'm not sure if I will be here for the 2034 Christmas full moon either! They say "Don't let your mind write a cheque that your body can't cash." I say to heck with that...write those cheques and you just may win the lottery to cover them! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the 2015 Christmas sky. :)
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    Finally the centerpiece for our table... I promised an update photo...
    havingfun thanked Tracy Taylor
  • 10 years ago
    Tracy, that is beautiful! :)
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Yes, tracy that is beautiful! Makes me start thinking of another chandy to make, one with multicarved clear glass balls! that would be great!

    correction all, it is a comet that is coming through the whole month!


  • 10 years ago

    2 days left!

    From the smallest

    Amazon.com: christmas deco - Ornaments / Seasonal Décor: Home & Kitchen · More Info
    to the biggest
    Amazon.com: christmas deco - Ornaments / Seasonal Décor: Home & Kitchen · More Info
    Not to mention the most gymnastic
    Amazon.com - StealStreet SS-UG-HG-681 Flying Hippo Hippopotamus Decoration Figur · More Info
    to the most romantic
    Christmas Decorations · More Info
    Animals that you so want to love, especially that gymnastic hippo!

    Falalala lalala

  • 10 years ago

    Tracy, your centerpiece is absolutely gorgeous!

    Here is a cute snowcat I saw on another website :)

    havingfun thanked ispoildogs
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    ispoildogs- I have a snow cat, lol, he will not be happy when I try to replicate that;))

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I made Christmas cookies yesterday;)

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    havingfun....Merry Christmas to you and your family! This thread has been a lot of fun! Falalala lalalala.

    To everyone else that contributed to it, Merry Christmas!
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I am the back up singer to roxsol's Christmas band;) Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays havingfun and all this threads participants. May 2016 bring much laughter and fun dilemmas.........fra rah rah rah

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    A Day left! I love that snow cat, but i think if i wish to enjoy 2016, i better not try it with any of mine! Not that they are white? gotta snow dog though. hmmmm, what do you put over the private bits? No never mind, silly me!

    Yummy cookies margo! I wish all of you a very very Merry Christmas! Don't worry, i will keep posting, probably through the 25th, so if you feel lonely, or the brats have come out, you can always stop by! JOT will be home, so not as much, but still, a few more shows, special dinner, quick drive for lights, i will still have a little time for here.

    Talk later! Keep up the wonderful!

  • 10 years ago
    That's Margo top left! :))....You can't keep a free spirit down!
    In your face Ricky Gronseth. :)
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I am on the top right! Ok, i finally went through the effort to find out who ricky gronseth is? A warehouse mgr?

    These Cats Just Want Help You Out In the Kitchen - Answers.com · More Info
    I know which is you Roxsy, second from the right, bottom row. Watching Margo!

    gotta love this. Come on everyone lets name the rest of the chorus! don't forget there is a conductor, I will handle the lighting!

    Falalala lalala

  • 10 years ago

    Margo, i am just glad you are not pbs.

  • 10 years ago

    Having- i need translation pbs???

    No,Ricky Gronseth is a renown pianist.

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    Margo, before we get too far along in this thread.....the cookies look yummy! :)
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I love me some icing cookies!!!

    havingfun thanked tgb1
  • 10 years ago
    Merry Christmas to our four legged friends. :)
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Margo, on pbs, they make dead people work. Julia childs, john denver, etc. You gonna make elaine work forever?

    He does not seem to be listed online anywhere, at least not in the top 100!

    Gosh those are adorb Roxsy! Lets not forget our winged friends!

    Christmas bird Free Photos for free download about (9) Free Photos in jpg format · More Info


    Christmas bird Free Photos for free download about (9) Free Photos in jpg format · More Info

    Christmas bird Free Photos for free download about (9) Free Photos in jpg format · More Info
    ok, so they are not all winged, but look at how cute little rorrie is on the right! And the bunny with the big eyes! and there is a parakeet!

  • 10 years ago



    Everyone enjoy your time with family and friends.... :)

    havingfun thanked zazfuzzroc
  • 10 years ago

    Remember that love never ends....

    Be it fuzzy or not.....

  • 10 years ago

    Having - I think Elaine still works cuz she's alive!!

    havingfun thanked tgb1
  • 10 years ago

    you are supposed to be working on the poems. gosh, i hope she is not dead. Not like that cher thing, where you keep hearing she is dead and officialdom says nope, she is alive. I am just glad that if she dies, hopefully margo will stop using her.

    so does anyone know, is cher still with us?

  • 10 years ago
    She sure is L'il Momma!
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I wish you all a very Merry Christmas .


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_XPc54Yutw

    havingfun thanked Geneviève
  • 10 years ago

    Gosh the things i learn! Thanks roxsy! Genev was he big with your parents? never heard of the man? Everything was sinatra, herb alpert, the one with B bacharach, and my mom liked this other man, i think it was nat king cole.

  • 10 years ago

    for the day before the night before christmas as all is becoming quiet through the house.


    Amazon.com: christmas deco - Ornaments / Seasonal Décor: Home & Kitchen · More Info
    I think this person is going to break a foot?
    Amazon.com: christmas deco - Ornaments / Seasonal Décor: Home & Kitchen · More Info

    19 Easy Last-Minute Holiday Decorating Ideas for Broke People · More Info
    this is a truly cute tree!

    Happy Holidays!

  • 10 years ago

    in case you need a wee break from all those last minute things. One thing i no longer have to worry about!


    19 Easy Last-Minute Holiday Decorating Ideas for Broke People · More Info
    A lovely tipsy tree!


    19 Easy Last-Minute Holiday Decorating Ideas for Broke People · More Info
    i thought this seemed a good idea, maybe next year.

  • 10 years ago

    For


    Santa's Fiber-optic Sleigh - Frontgate · More Info

    Christmas Ornaments & Tree Toppers - Christmas Tree Trim | HomeDecorators.com · More Info

    Home Décor & Garden Accents | Acorn · More Info
    supposed to put them out last night, saved them sooooo long, forgot i had them. tehehe.

    I bid you adeiu ....

    til Christmas is anew!

  • 10 years ago
    Hi havingfun, it sounds like most of us had a pretty good Christmas! I know I did....actually, Christmas is just starting in my family! I have always known the 12 days of Christmas to span from Dec. 25 to Jan. 6...Epiphany. Anyhoooooo, my kids always had English Christmas with my side of the family and Ukrainian Christmas with my husbands side of the family. Our tree stays up the whole time....thank goodness I've gone to a fake tree ( first time ever) and it's a winner. I just wipe down kitchen counters and bathroom with Pinesol to get the pine smell. All the best in the New Year!
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    did not know about the 12 day thing. I assume that is Ukraine? or is it specific religion? Love learning all this stuff. Although, having a german mother, i have heard so many supposedly german traditions that she says what??? but they are cool anyway! Enjoy your remaining holidays. Oh, maybe it is English, isn't that when they have boxing day?

  • 10 years ago

    Well, I was in such a crappy mood I went to bed at 7:30. I got up and undecorated the whole inside of the house. Threw the tree out the front door at dawn. Then proceeded to eat left over Chinese Ribs that were nasty. It has rained all day. Then I see a darn duck in distress in the creek. He is swirling nonstop in the eddy. I am in my nightgown and grab my rain coat and big net to go out and rescue him and it turned out to be a Duck Decoy that floated down...

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I believe it comes from the difference in the Julian calendar and Gregorian Calendar. The whole world at one time was on the Julian calendar but because the earths years are not exactly 364 days, the seasons went out of whack. Pope Gregory, got right onto this and created a new calendar, threw in leap years to account for that extra quarter of a day and some adjustment on years ending in double zeroes/ divisible by 400 and has managed to keep the seasons almost on track. Apparently there will still need to be some adjustment, but that won't be in my lifetime. The old country religions, Greek, Ukrainian etc. still stick to the Orthodox Calendar. The other interesting thing about this….as countries adopted the new calendar they just dropped 10 or so days from their time e.g.. Oct. 1 the next day would become Oct. 11 ……10 days that never happened in their history. My family is in no way religious…but they like to celebrate, so they pounce on any reason to. LOL, There is also 2 Easters and 2 New Years. My husband also said when he was a kid, school winter break, pretty much covered these dates, so he has always thought of it as the 12 days of Christmas break. :)

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    Margo, Margo, Margo....I understand. All this flipping joy can get on ones nerves after a while! Christmas can be a real pain for some, especially those that love a good party and there is no one to party with! Thanks though for being my backup singer this season...that was fun! (What was Diana Ross without the Supremes, and The Captain without Tenille?)
    If I lived near you Margo, I would have stopped by and we could have Hollied the Jolly out of the flipping season. :)
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago
    I just saw this ad on TV (we get that here) while watching football.

    It's my kind of thing. :)
    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Oh, you have got to give that to Ureeka, roxsy! and here i thought the canadian tv shows we watched were just a money enterprise up there, i did not think you actually got to see them! lol What good ones do you have now. Used to enjoy the world wide disease center one, and we love murdock mysteries. England makes a good list of theirs, aussie soso, but it is hard to get one of yours.

    Margo, good to see you still have that heart to save someone! sorry it was a rough Christmas. Ours was ok, it rained and none of the christmas tree places opened so did not get to do the tree branch thing. Hubby brought home a live little tree. strung it with some bells. twas ok. din din was very good.

    well, i have to go make my world famous meatloaf, talk at you later. Hopefully we will finish redesigning our new tiny kitchen!

  • 10 years ago
    I have finally had a chance to sit down after a very busy Holliday. How nice to go back through this thread and see all the lovely and fun pics! Thanks for all the enjoyable posts and Happy New Year to you all!
    havingfun thanked Business_Name_Placeholder
  • 10 years ago

    havingfun thanked micheletx
  • 10 years ago

    Lovely mich, but what is the large thing front right, on the little stand?

    roxsy, did you have a secret crush on the Captain? Cause i am pretty sure he was back up to Tenille?

    Happy new year Lyn and everyone else!

  • 10 years ago

    Havingfun, that is an antique toucan from a child's merry-go-round. My husband mounted it on an old iron stand.

    havingfun thanked micheletx
  • 10 years ago

    When we lived in Maine, we cut a fresh tree a few days before Christmas, but now that we live in the desert Southwest we didn't want a tired old tree trucked down from the north, as we use live candles. So, after searching for a year or two, we settled on a wrought iron tree. It has somewhat of a spindly Charlie Brown look, but we've learned to love it.

    Thanks everybody for sharing your traditional, novel, whimsical, funny, inventive decor. No matter how different people's tastes, it is all a delight.

    havingfun thanked tfswest
  • 10 years ago

    Oh, that makes a lot of sense, miche. I think that is very cool, never even heard of a toucan before.

    Tfs, i also like your idea, that is very different and appeals to me.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    why not instead of wasting money on such items ... donate to a needy charity :)

  • 10 years ago

    Abbie- I hope you tell that to all your clients ;)

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    obviously another soul unable to read.

  • 10 years ago

    Perhaps Abbie is a non - profit? ')

    havingfun thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    don't know, just saw her somewhere else, musta had a bad christmas, taking it out on her betters! tehehe

  • 10 years ago

    and yet! $22!

    Contempo Decorative Kitchen Cabinet Handle · More Info
    I would crawl under the bed before i spent that much on a drawer pull, looks really uncomfortable too! Will they never learn, glass houses, glass houses!



    Famous People Laughing Free - - Yahoo Image Search Results · More Info
    lol