0

does this knob coordinate with this pull?

Navy Momma
last modified: December 18, 2015

I am in love with the RH Quincy pulls. I have some on the way to see them in person. However I am not as in love with the knobs (though I do like them). My concern is the matching quincy pull is a bit too angular and also I think I will be annoyed if they (and they will) get turned and do not stay straight.

RH Quincy pull:

https://media.restorationhardware.com/is/image/rhis/prod1278235_HW07_cl401017?$605w$&resMode=sharp&op_usm=1.0,1.0,5,0&illum=0&wid=603

RH Quincy knob:

https://media.restorationhardware.com/is/image/rhis/prod1278231_HW07_cl401017?$605w$&resMode=sharp&op_usm=1.0,1.0,5,0&illum=0&wid=603

I was looking on rejuvenation and found this hexagonal pull- what do you think?

http://www.rejuvenation.com/catalog/products/hexagon-cabinet-knob

I'm doing polished chrome finish, btw.

• lilacinjust

#1 and #2 look good together. The hexagonal pull looks too disparate.

• chicagoans

I like those pulls too! I think #1 and #3 look similar enough that they'd look fine together, especially if the pulls are all on lowers and the knobs are all on uppers. But the only way to tell for sure is to order a sample of each and put them side by side. I like #2 also but I see what you're saying. I have egg-shaped pulls and they get off kilter. I've been told to use Loctite but haven't tried it yet. #3 has the potential to get off kilter too, it just won't be as noticeable as when #2 gets sideways.

Navy Momma thanked chicagoans
  • Carrie B

I think it goes fine together. Since you're in love with the pulls... are you certain that you don't want to go with all pulls? (which is what I did.)

Navy Momma thanked Carrie B
  • mayflowers

I have knobs like the Quincy. They have teeth that keep them in place. They haven't budged in four years.

Navy Momma thanked mayflowers
  • Danielle Gottwig

I like the hexagonal knob with your pulls. It has the same vibe, even if its not matchy-matchy.

Navy Momma thanked Danielle Gottwig
  • sena01

I like 1 and 2, but make sure that those corners aren't very sharp, especially if you have small kids.

My pulls have sharp corners. Although I like the way they look, I sometimes hurt my knuckles while cleaning them.

• romy718

I think either knob will look great. Pic of #1, #2, #3

Navy Momma thanked romy718
  • blfenton

Given that I'm not a fan of matchy-match I think #3 would look great.

Navy Momma thanked blfenton
  • Navy Momma

Ok I'm going to order one of the hex knobs so I can see everything together. Didn't want to bother if they totally didn't complement each other. Carrie B, I have thought of doing all pulls but my kitchen is very small and the Quincy pulls are kind of heavy/bold and I worry that they will be too much. But maybe not, we'll see. I'm going to try all the combos.

• cpartist

I think any of the combos will look wonderful. :)

Navy Momma thanked cpartist
  • somersetlass

Agree. Looks better than the other knobs above due to the straight lines on it. The knob above has a curve that I hadn't noticed before

Navy Momma thanked somersetlass
  • jojo 1355

I think 1 and 3 look great together! In my kitchen, I have glass knobs and chrome pulls. So clearly, I believe is mixing if it works and in this case I think it does.

• kelleg69

I think they work together, but you need to make sure the chrome color is similar enough. I think ordering one of each is very smart.

• mayflowers

All chrome supposedly matches. The Rejuvenation is a better base metal than the Schaub--brass vs. zinc.

• Navy Momma

Went today and saw the Schaub in person- have a sample at home. What do you think?

• rebunky

Oooooo, I like that combo very much!

Navy Momma thanked rebunky
  • Jancy

Beautiful

Navy Momma thanked Jancy
  • Danielle Gottwig

Wow, its nicer than the internet picture.... Do it.

Navy Momma thanked Danielle Gottwig
  • romy718

Love them both - and they look great together!

Navy Momma thanked romy718
  • Navy Momma

thank you! I'm so excited that this will work. And that this decision can be checked off as "done".

• cpartist

Beautiful and I wouldn't worry about the base metal at all. By the time it starts to show wear, you'll probably tire of them and then can replace them with something new. I'm a firm believer in not paying a fortune for kitchen cabinet knobs so that when you want a change, it's not a major expense.