Software
Houzz Logo Print
pilot099

Bathroom remodel

10 years ago

We are about to replace this counter top, sink, faucet, hardware and backsplash. It's the last bathroom/kitchen project that needs to be finished in the house. We replaced the shower door and toilet within the last year, painted and replaced the mirror all at different phases/ or as needed. i might be open to painting if I could get a good vision. Doing this in phases isn't usually how I do things, but it's what happened while other projects were going on throughout the house.

I am looking for ideas of how I can work with what I have i.e.. cabinetry/shower etc. to update this vanity area. I'd like it to look fresh, updated and pretty! Here's what i have to play with. Pictures are hopefully left to right. At the door, the vanity is to the left, Shower/Tub/toilet/tall cabinet to the right, Towels straight ahead.
I'd love your advice and visuals! Thank you for your time and advice!

Comments (11)

  • 10 years ago

    I actually love the wall color, it goes well with the floor and the darker vanity and cabinet. I agree, granite with some maybe a square sink would be very chic.

    pilot099 thanked temcgill
  • 10 years ago

    (I have said this before and am starting to think it's pretty funny, but) Cambia Windermere counter has a marble-y look in tans, coppers and charcoals that would go with your floor, dark cabinetry and mirror beautifully, Check it out.

    pilot099 thanked auntthelma
  • 10 years ago

    Great advice, thank you! A square or rectangular under mount sink was kind of what I had in mind as well. What about backsplash? I did glass tile in my master which I love. But I've seen lots of ideas where they just run the counter top up as the backsplash as well. I think that would work, but I'd like something possibly that would give more of an elegant touch to the area? Any ideas? How about hardware, faucets? Would you leave the lighting (it's can). I'm not looking to spend tons, but I also like to do something and do it well too. Is a sink a sink? As in going to Lowe's for a sink the same as a design studio minus the price tag? @Susanalanandwrigley, @temcgill

  • 10 years ago

    Re the sink - we got ours directly from our granite fabricator. They provide a basic oval sink for no extra charge (which we did) or a rectangular one for a small upcharge. They would also let us provide our own, but our plumbing supply coordinator told us there was no reason not to go with the sink provided by the granite place, it would cost more and there would be no advantage. But of course it depends how your granite/quartz fabricator prices things.

    pilot099 thanked susanalanandwrigley
  • 10 years ago

    good too know, and I will most definitely ask about pricing from them etc. @auntthelma, thank you, I will look that up.

  • 10 years ago

    Any thoughts on Carrera marble, It always seems to draw me in but I don't know how it would look with the existing tile/wall color/style that is already there?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    If you want to go contemporary, the I would look into the following.

    Carrara White Quartz Countertop or Grey Quartz Countertop




    Boat White Vessel Sink (http://www.sognaretile.com/collections/fireclay-sinks/products/china-shell-porcelain-canoe-vessel-sinks?variant=5790027205)


    If you want to keep it more traditional, then look into the following.

    Luna Beige Quartz Countertop


    Astro Glass Mosaic


    pilot099 thanked Sognare Tile, Stone & Sinks Co.
  • 10 years ago

    Thank you @ Sognare Tile, Stone & Sinks Co. I will check these out. I seem to air on the traditional side but sometimes I surprise myself. I did make it to a few tile places yesterday and picked up a few things that really caught my eye. Sinks are about $75 across the board @susanalanandwrigley is that a good price? That was for round or rectangular/white or taupe. I do know I'd like a rectangular white sink. I was able to find the Cambia Windermere @auntthelma and think it's got a bit more gold in it than I'd like. But I appreciate your suggestion and am glad I could see it in person. Here is what I picked up.


    Soci Tile---SSM-415 Opulent Blend Harlequin

    Soci Tile---SSM-422 Orion Blend Arabesque pattern

    with glass 1" pencils in Tluna 444-151, or Gravel 444-155, or maybe Ivory 444-122

    Granite (possibilities but I'm still open to others)-Granito Amarillo Ornamental and Giallo Ornamental

    Trying to attach pictures here but they don't want to load. will keep working on it.


  • 10 years ago

    2 granite choices and the Arabesque color choice I like along with 2 pencil colors
    I apologize the lighting isn't good. No window! :(

  • 10 years ago

    Harlequin option also a Soci Select tile:




    I like the color group on the LEFT


    Am I going in the right direction or am I way off in left field?