Software
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_valadezganem

Quality of a Kraus versus Franke?

I've had a Franke Europro in the past. It was too deep and hurt my back. How does a Kraus compare?
Standart PRO 32" Undermount Stainless Steel 1-Bowl 16 Gauge Kitchen Sink · More Info

Comments (7)

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you so much. My Europro was 12" deep. I am only 5'5" so 10" would be fine. My concern was with the quality of the Kraus since I have never heard of them and saw they were made in China. I love the look and the fact that it is 16 gauge.

    Would you put Kraus on par with Blanco and Franke? What about Nantucket which I see is also listed on Houzz?

    And thank you so much for your input.


  • PRO
    10 years ago

    We may be partial to Kraus, but it's for good reason. We have personally been to their New York office and have seen first hand that they have an extensive research and development team that continually strives to improve their product, as opposed to find methods to cut costs like big box brands.

    Likely, the reason you have not heard of Kraus is that they are an Online Only company. They do not, and will not sell to showrooms or stores like Depot.

    I do not sell Blanco, and have a limited assortment of Franke, sp I can't truly speak about a comparison. What I can tell you is that we often receive communication through Houzz or our site that someone purchased a Franke or Blanco, (also Elkay, Kohler) and needs something other than what they purchased. The reasons vary, but when we match them to the correct sink they are happy with it.

    We have sold Nantucket for a few years and have been very happy with their product. They are on par with Kraus in terms of the product fit and finish, customer service, and design. I am confident that any choice you make, Kraus or Nantucket, that you would be happy!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Unclear. Home Depot Kraus 32" right here..

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Online only - In store assortment does not have Kraus

  • 8 years ago

    What is the minimum cabinet width for the 32" sink?

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    KRAUS advises on a 36" cabinet for this 32" sink. However, the bowl is only 30", and can fit in most 33" cabinets. You'd want to check with your fabricator/installer to make sure they are comfortable with maximizing the sink to cabinet ratio.