Software
Houzz Logo Print
nickernew

Need Help with my new kitchen.

13 years ago
Our retirement "dream" home. We're planning on putting in a new kitchen. We definately want to put in new cubboards, appliances and maybe back splash and flooring. We're open to suggestions. THANKS!

Comments (16)

  • 13 years ago
    We also will be getting rid of that ugly light fixture on the ceiling. The pendant lights are optional. Please
  • 13 years ago
    Ugly light fixture?? Ha! I have one just like it only uglier. Why not just have these cabinets painted and save yourself some $$$ to travel? I think this kitchen looks pretty good, honestly. Is the floor vinyl or ceramic tile?
  • 13 years ago
    What style are you looking at changing your kitchen to?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    There are too many options available. I would suggest searching through photos and saving the ones that you like and pretty soon you will be able to narrow down the styles to go forward with.
  • 13 years ago
    Cabinets arent bad! You could find some cool items to decorate top. darker countertops and stainless appliances would totally change look. perhaps more what you are wanting?
  • 13 years ago
    We've thought about doing something with the cupboards like painting or refacing. With an open concept the kitchen is really the center of the home. We were hoping to turn it into a "show stopper". The floor is ceramic tile. I think we're leaning towards darker cupboards. Traditional is more our style. Thanks again for your thoughts!
  • 13 years ago
    The old Cupboards will be repurposed in the garage for a workshop area
  • 13 years ago
    Any thoughts regarding the pantry area? Not a real fan of folding doors....
  • 13 years ago
    Found this which partly mimics your current layout. Smaller pantry door of frosted glass, ceiling high cabinets. Relocate microwave next to refrigerator., and a bigger more impressive oven.
    Kitchen · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    If traditional is more of your style then go for it. But seeing as I am into simple and bright, I would suggest white cabinets with a black countertop. Hardwood flooors go really good with this combination. This is what we put into our kitchen and it was magnificent!!! Best of Luck!
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for all your thoughts...you've given us something to think about!
  • 13 years ago
    You could go light or dark??????? Strictly depends on what you like........
  • 13 years ago
    The lighter option........
  • 13 years ago
    I say remove that pantry, I think it looks mismatch, and put a built in pantry instead that matches the new cabinets that you pick out, it will definetly increase your cost a lot though. I also think if you made the cabinets taller it would look less cramped in the corner. As for the floor tiles, anything would be better!! Good Luck with your kitchen reno!
  • 13 years ago
    Do you really want such an unhandy kitchen? The sink looks like such a long way from the stove & refrig. Maybe the photos are deceiving but it looks like there would be plenty of room to put in an island with the sink in it, and have some storage where the sink was. The absolute best storage is in a pantry with shelves from floor to ceiling so keep it or replace it if possible.