Software
Houzz Logo Print
redwolfdoc_z5

Iris Alphabet - E

10 years ago

Sorry for the lapse! I have only two Es, and both are too new to have bloomed for me yet. They are English Charm (Tall) and Esther (Siberian). I'm looking forward to them both! Here are internet photos:

English Charm (from Schreiner's site)


Esther (from Chuck Chapman's site)

Looking forward to yours!

Karen

Comments (9)

  • 10 years ago

    Ann - Thank you for contributing each time! You have lovely irises... it sure would be fun to trade, wouldn't it? :)

  • 10 years ago

    Would you say that colour is true for Exotic Isle?

  • 10 years ago

    TWiki states its color is "plum purple" and if I remember right Exotic Isle is more purple than this picture. We have trouble getting purples right.

    redwolfdoc_z5 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    Again, I forgot one! In my own defense, it was a mislabel that I only recently ID'd...

    Edith Wolford

  • 10 years ago

    Gosh, I wish my Edith would bloom. Haven't seen 'Early Girl' but she looks great. 'English Charm' has lovely colors.

    These are all tall beardeds.

    Egyptian - Byers'87, SA plicata



    Elisa Renee - Gaulter'83, tall!, used in Monet's garden to combine with lavenders as it's a bluey-pink. Standards open a lot. (this pic looks washed out)



    Elizabeth Poldark - Nichol, HM94, only 'open-standards' iris I adore. A wonderful creamy substance.


    another English Charm - Blyth'89, creamy yellow and peach; crowded buds but truly charming. Top pic is more accurate color.




    Entourage - on the left, Ghio, AM80, tall, vigor, not as pink, bit of purple tint. I never got an accurate picture. It can also be a richer tint if weather conditions are
    conducive
    .



    Epicenter - Ghio, AM'98, some crazy off color photos out there of this plicata



    Etched Burgandy - Garrison'70, so-so here, disappointing.



    Extravagant - Hamblen, AM'89, another that often photographs as lav. like Delirious, this one fades nicely.


  • 10 years ago

    Gosh but I love iris!

    Elisa Renee is lovely - wonderful 'cool' shade of pink.

    Irisgal, my Edith won't STOP blooming! Funny how different plants like such different conditions, eh? You're zone 9, aren't you?

  • 10 years ago

    My collection is mostly historic iris. (But I do have Edith Wolford.) Here is one of my historics... Easter Bonnet (Maxwell-Norton, 1943).

    redwolfdoc_z5 thanked WillowSpring
  • 10 years ago

    I'm glad I revisited the E's to see 'Easter Bonnet'. Love those golden hafts with the pink.

    Here's the one I forgot. A tall bearded.

    Eleanor's Pride - Watkins. Dykes Medal'61, I was big on collecting all the Dykes winners. When this bloomed I was sure it was a mistake. Nope. I went back to choosing based on other criteria :-)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting