Software
Houzz Logo Print
williamshouse

Advice on my new spanish home

13 years ago
I am currently building a Spanish/ranch style home in St. George, Utah. The outside is white stucco and red tile roof, with dark trimmed windows and rustic beams exposed. I want to have a more traditional slant on my interior. I am doing light cabinets, dark wood floors and white baseboard trim. Are there any colors you suggest for white cabinets? Also, do you think I should keep my baseboards the same color as the paint on my walls if I go with one of the colors you suggested? (Elmira white, or OC-17 by Benjamin Moore? Sorry this is so long-Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. · More Info

Comments (9)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Sara. If you are going to paint your cabinets white, I suggest you sample some creamy or buttery whites. Try Monterey White HC-27 or Navajo White 947 both by Benjamin Moore. If you are going to have wood floors, I would stain the base the same color as the floors. If you are using some sort of paver or stone, then paint the base the same as the wall. Have you selected a flooring material? Here is a kitchen I like that is light, but in a Spanish style...
    Enchanted Oaks · More Info

    Also, I like this source for Spanish homes, flooring, backsplash materials, walls...
    http://www.artobrick.com/
    Hope that helps. Charmean Neithart
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you so much for your advice! I have the color samples and I'm meeting with my cabinet guys on Monday. I think I am going to opt for no baseboards like you have on some of your pictures. Do you suggest painting my mantel above my fireplace the same color as my walls ( I think we'll go with the elmira white) or should I paint it to match my cabinets? It is a very open floor plan so the mantel and cabinets will both be seen within the same room.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Sara. Wow! Gorgeous house! I bet you're so happy it's all done. Did you use any of the colors we talked about? Enjoy your new home, it looks fabulous. Charmean
  • 13 years ago
    Sara, love your house! We are building a white stucco red tile home too. Would love to see more photos of
  • 13 years ago
    your beautiful home.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks so much! I will add more pictures, but we are still in process of landscaping our backyard. So there is not much to see. Charmean, I used the color you recommended for our stucco (Gentle Cream, Benjamin Moore and Elmira White for our inside-also Benjamin Moore. I have been getting a lot of compliments on the paint and stucco. I couldn't be happier!
  • 9 years ago

    Hi Sara! I know it's been a few years, but can you share some interior pictures of your home with the Elmira white. I feel it has a pink undertone-may not be the choice for my terracotta style floors and darker red toned wood. Also, you mentioned Gentle Cream for the exterior. is that correct?Thank you for your help!


  • 4 years ago

    Hi i know this thread is old, but I’m having trouble picking white walls and white cabinets for the home we are building. I love the colors you suggested for the interior and exterior, but if I go with these should I still do a creamier colored cabinet? Or should I go with white oak cabinets. I’ll be doing a lighter oak flooring and our fireplace will be similar to the one you did. The exterior is “Mediterranean modern” but i want the interior to not be cold with plain white shakers, but i also dont want 90’s medditeranian.