Software
Houzz Logo Print
simonebum

How does this look?

10 years ago
Do you think this art looks right? I obviously haven't hung it yet just in case I don't want to keep it. Just looking for some feedback. Though about getting some candleholder to go on the sides.

Comments (19)

  • 10 years ago

    It looks good but kind of hard to tell with the lighting in the picture. Were you planning on keeping it all monochromatic or did you have plans for a bit of colour?

  • 10 years ago
    I definitely want some color. I actually thought it wouldn't be as monochromatic as it is. It looked a little different in the store when I purchased it. But I thought of adding colored candles to match the curtains in the room.
  • 10 years ago

    I think go for it then. It's a dramatic look, I like houses with personality.

  • 10 years ago
    I think it works! Please don't add colored candles..stick with classic white...bring color in with buffet lamps in a subtle glass base in the color you love...or a grouping of pottery in different sizes and subtle color on to the middle of the table. That is all you need...keep the lighting and gorgeous furniture the focal point! Beautiful!!!!
  • 10 years ago
    Zzmom40. Could you possibly post a picture of the types of lamps or pottery you have mind? I want to get a feel for all of my options.
  • 10 years ago
    Excuse all of my kids stuff around. They just got in from school.
  • 10 years ago

    I like it! I think the colors work nicely with the other decor in the room.

  • 10 years ago

    I love the picture. It is really smashing I think. Now I think you need to bring in some metal that brings out the metal look in the picture. Large metal vases or urns on the sideboard and a large vessel on the table. Some greenery would breathe some more life into the room. Also some glass objects to relate to your wonderful chandelier. Things have more impact when there is more than just one of an item in a room; they tend to look like they are misplaced to floating away. So bring in some glass and warm metal and see what you think.

    Glass chandelier and bell jars

    Eclectic Dining Room · More Info

    Chrome on chandelier table base and chairs, glass on chandelier bulbs and glass table top

    My Houzz: Antiques Mingle With Modern Style in a 1920s Tudor · More Info

    Glass chandelier and chrome finish, chrome legs on chairs, chrome look vase on table

    Laight Street Loft · More Info


    Examples of things relating. Please bring in blue items too to relate to long curtains so they are not standing alone. My monitor is showing dark so not sure on any more blue in room. It is a beautiful room by the way! Love your furnishings. Very rich.

  • 10 years ago
    So should I go with urns on the buffet or lamps?
  • 10 years ago
    Should those glass jars be a shade to match the curtains? How do I infuse metals? I love all of your ideas. Thank you so much! Keep them coming!
  • 10 years ago

    Play around with the metals. see what looks best. You can mix them.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I love this piece of Art in your room...the monochromatic look is gorgeous! It's a keeper

  • 10 years ago

  • 10 years ago
    Powell. Any suggestions on what to add?
  • 10 years ago

    last one

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I really like it. Good choice. :-)

  • 10 years ago
    I really like the idea of introducing a touch of dark plum into your room..image #1 lamp with a dark plum glass accent.you could do two flanking the buffet. Image #2 is a neutral buffet lamp that would look beautiful also..you could add a collection of neutral or white pottery onto the middle of the table..check out the beautiful neutral pottery at pottery barn. I think Mercury glass is very pretty but I think it has lived it life and is moving on. I would push yourself out of the box..your dining room is beautiful take it up a notch with your accessories . You could also add a oversized glass bowl that has a artistic shape and color as your centerpiece.
  • 10 years ago
    Awesome, love it