Software
Houzz Logo Print
ndhw

ceiling rafters

10 years ago
What color were the ceiling rafters painted? It looks really good!
Finished Basement · More Info

Comments (4)

  • 10 years ago
    It was flat pre-mixed black from Lowes. I can't remember if it was Valspar or Olympic. I can check when I get home if you want specifics. Don't use a black mix. It won't have enough pigment.
    Nicole thanked projectkj
  • 10 years ago

    Thank you! We are thinking about painting our rafters as well as using some ceiling tiles in places, just like the above. It's nice to see a picture of what it could look like. I know what you mean on the black paint not having enough pigment. I have used black before (my son's batman room) and it is very hard to get the color to turn out...


  • 10 years ago
    I roll painted all the tiles before installing. I bought a spray gun from Lowe's for the joists. Best $300 I ever spent.
    Nicole thanked projectkj
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I love your highly reflective floor. What type of stain/finish did you use on it?