Software
Houzz Logo Print
hertec01

Bathroom remodel

10 years ago

I'm Remodeling main level bathroom in a traditional garrison colonial. I'm planning on a wood look porcelain tile for the floor, but want I've seen the wood look tiles all lack sheen. Can you recommend a brand that looks like wood and has a good sheen to it?

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    You don't want a sheen because it would be too slippery. The texture reduces slippage and it makes the tile look more like wood.

    hertec01 thanked Cynthia Taylor-Luce
  • 10 years ago

    main level bathroom...is this a powder room? a sheen wouldnt be quite so dangerous as with a shower or tub...

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I'm just saying, I don't think a shiny finish exists for wood look tiles for the above reasons. If it's a powder room, why not use real hardwood then? You can have a glossy finish on real hardwood.

    hertec01 thanked Cynthia Taylor-Luce
  • 10 years ago

    Thanks, I can see your point but I'm starting to believe the lack of sheen in porcelain wood like tiles varies between manufacturers. I shopped around today and found tiles from another manufacturer with better material.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Design dilemma is a good place for this post