Software
Houzz Logo Print
jdawg612

Need Help Picking out a New Color...

10 years ago

Comments (8)

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Would you like to go darker or lighter than the color that is on the house now? What color is the roof? Is the stone that I'm seeing in the front a dark brown?

  • 10 years ago

    OK, Yep, Stone at the Column base and Ceder shake siding accents, want to go Lighter, Thank You


  • 10 years ago

    Gotta check on the Roof, think their just sorta light brown shingles


  • 10 years ago

    Thanks--That will help! When I was deciding colors for my house a couple of months ago, I used the roof color, brick on the chimney, and the stone in front of my house as a guidance to choosing the right colors. Since you have a lot of browns and you would like a neutral house, you may want to go with a taupe, beige, tan, or light gray for the main color. You could go with white trim or go a little bolder with some color that would look good with whatever color you use on the house. You could then use a third color for the door--Something vibrant if you want to. You could also use the same color for the front door as the garage doors too.

  • 10 years ago

    OK, was thinking SW accessible Beige, white Trim, would like a red door, but that most likely would not work, would it?

    Thank you very much,

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    That sounds like a great combination! I'm having red entry doors and also my garage door painted by professional painters. I'm using a taupe for the main color and a medium blue for trim since I have a green roof, red brick on my chimney, and beige colored stone on the front of my house.

  • 10 years ago

    That Sounds Like a Great looking color scheme..


    Thanks for Your Help..

  • 10 years ago

    You are very welcome!