Software
Houzz Logo Print
hillaryandrews

need design advice on matching kitchen to floors/grout

10 years ago
We have upgraded our Kitchen floors with Italian porcelain Carrara flooring. we first had them grouted with white which stained very badly with 2 kids in the house. so we changed the grout to charcoal which I think makes them look outdated. our next steps were to paint the cabinets and get matching granite counter tops but the grout problem has stumped us.

so my questions are:
1. what color grout do we do?!?
2. what are the best counter top/cabinet color solutions

I was thinking of maybe a gray cabinet color for the island with Carrara tountertop then a black speckled countertop everywhere else with off-white cabinets and a Carrara back splash.. and stainless steal appliances.. but I'm afraid of creating a kitchen disaster?!

the pics below show both the dirty white grout and the charcoal

Comments (8)

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio