Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jingxx

where to buy "masora rose"?

jingxx
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

masora rose is a super good japanese bred rose, but i can't find it sold in the US.

who knows about it?

thanks sooooooo much! it should be a must rose in the garden.

Comments (37)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    8 years ago

Pretty rose. You should be able to find something similar that is sold in the US. One thing you discover after you have grown roses for a while is that there are quite a few similar varieties out there--thousands of roses are commercially available, and there are only so many variations of color, shape, petal count, etc.

• zack_lau z6 CT ARS Consulting Rosarian
    8 years ago

This rose has similar color and form.
    Princess Charlene de Monaco Rose

This link says this similar rose won a fragrance award.
    https://www.helpmefind.com/rose/l.php?l=2.65539.0

• Kalai Kennedy
    8 years ago

I'm not sure, but it looks a bit like my Abraham Darby (which is one of my favorites).

https://static.99roots.com/uploads/images/Rosa-Abraham-Darby-_35645_1280_1280.jpg

• PRO
    Eisenflowers
    2 years ago

Abraham Darby is one of my least resistant roses. I suspect that is one ofv the reasons DA is discontinuing sale. Masora claims to be VERY disease resistant.

• Claire Z5 IL
    last year

My baby Masora was stunning until killed by vole last winter. It was definately healthier than Abe Darby and Evelyn.

Claire

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    last year

Beautiful! From where did you buy yours?

• Claire Z5 IL
    last year

I bought it from a private source who doesn’t sell to the general pubpic, and it came not much bigger than a toothpick….

• rosecanadian
    last year

Ben - GASP!!!! Exquisite!!

• C K
    last year

Is Masora a climbing rose plant?

• Claire Z5 IL
    last year

Masora is not a climber, but stems are somewhat soft, as least for my young plants.

I really love this rose and got 2 more this year. It blooms a lot and always give the perfect flower shape that remind me of the Austin wedding roses. Color is beautifully soft and elegant. Fragrance is consistently strong and very pleasant, plus it takes the heat very well. The only issue for me is black spots, but I don’t spray, and the plants are still young, so I will have to wait to make a verdict on disease resistance. Overall, I feel this is a great rose, especially for warmer zones.

Claire

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    last year

That is a pretty stunning rose and the fact that it has good disease resistance is such a plus.

• rosecanadian
    last year

The last picture shows the color variation (probably due to older blooms?)...I love this type of rose...makes for such beauty!!

• Ashley Smith zone 5a
    last year

Does anyone know what the lowest zone is Masora can be grown in?

• berrypiez6b
    last year

This video shows Masora, among other amazing roses.

Shiuan’s Rose Garden /2021 my lovely roses(118)/with rose variety name

• KrystalW 9b SoCal
    last year

What an absolute stunner!

• Suman Billa
    last year

@palytoxin....can you pleaseeeee share the info of the person that sold this plant? I'm looking for this everywhere. If you can, I'm eternally great full. Thanks in advance

• KrystalW 9b SoCal
    last year
    last modified: last year

Just as a note, i picked these cuttings up from etsy about a month ago and they’re incredibly thin and soft, so if you are willing to take the chance with that condition of cuttings, go for it! All of mine but one (so far) have died :(

actually, just checked the last cutting and that one is done for too. boooo

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

It sounds like a lot of people are selling patented roses under the table and not paying the hybridizers royalties due. This doesn't help the rose business or encourage the hybridization of new roses. Shame on Etsy. Diane

• Meg-zone8aOR
    last year

Diane,

I didn't realize that this rose is still under patent, thank you for sharing that. I deleted the Etsy link that I had shared. Is this rose not available in the US?

• Claire Z5 IL
    last year

Diane, I agree it is absolutely wrong that some people are selling patented rose without paying royalty. I have seen several patented David Austin roses for sale on Etsy by small sellers. Masora however is not patented in the US as far as I know. Many foreign bred roses don’t have patents in the US, and they weren’t commercially available here. Once people got hold of them here, maybe through seeds, it is ok to propogate through cuttings. At least that is my understanidng.

Claire

• Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
    last year

If they were from seed they wouldnt be the same rose, so its fine to propogate from it if thats the case. I think there are some people here that know how to research patents. That would be great if it werent patented, but those cuttings seem a bit pricey to me.

• Suman Billa
    last year

I bought it from Etsy seller too. None of mine survived. Those cuttings are sooo weak less than pencil thickness and less than 4 inches. I was very disappointed 😞 

Regarding patent…. I read somewhere that this Rose and few more like hiyori. Fenyan Japanese roses don't have patent in US. Also I read DA roses don't patent in some Asian countries 

Asian countries.

• Suman Billa
    last year

I could be wrong but that what I read in some article long time ago

• Suman Billa
    last year

@palytoxinz5il

Hi I know it is long shot. But I couldn't help my self not to ask this...

When you prune your Masora plant, is there any possibility of sharing cuttings? I wouldn't mind paying for cuttings and for shipping. I live in WA Seattle. TIA

• Claire Z5 IL
    last year

Suman, Marora does have canes on the thin and flexible side with nodding being her most obvious issue, so i am not suprised the cuttings you received were not thick. My trimmed cutting will be extremely tiny and probably won’t do well after shipping. It is better to buy them as rooted cuttings. I do have local friend who might have a few. You can send me private message if interested.

• Rose Lover
    last year

@Claire Z5 IL, can you please share the info of the person that sold this plant? I'm looking for this everywhere. I am in Seattle WA. . Thank you!

• Doodi Arisandy
    last year

In Indonesia masora rose sale in grafted plant and cost not over 3 dollar, i already buy one its beautifull rose and fragrance

• Claire Z5 IL
    last year

Doodi, I have heard that roses are extremely affordable in some Asian countries because of large scale peopogation driving down price. $3! wow.

Rose Lover, as i mentioned, there are private sellers who don’t sell to the general public. The only public buying channel i know of is etsy with some crazy prices.

• Doodi Arisandy
    last year

Young masora grafting plant saled in Indonesia not morethan 2 dollar

• Laure Simpson
    last year

A source in texas , i dont know anything about the supplier other than following her on fb

https://m.facebook.com/groups/337483017566666/permalink/882609929720636/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share&extid=a&mibextid=UUgoR4

• KrystalW 9b SoCal
    last year

Would still love to grow this one but it’s kinda scary to purchase from a source that i know nothing about! Wish it was easier to get this one in the US!

• MollyZ6a
    last year

Just found this post while searching for a seller of this rose also and found this site: https://kateroses.com/products/rose-masora-真宙-japanese-live-plant-coral-orange-rare-color-roses-climbing-shrub-2-years-1-gallon-ship-in-dec

looks like shipping is in the US?

• SoCalGardenNut
    last year

I bought 2 roses from this vendor, Christmas gift to myself, haha, they are still alive but no blooms yet. when I have blooms I will post pictures. So far i have not given reviews yet since i don't know if I get the right variety or not, so I can‘t recommend anything. so far they look like two rose plants with rose leaves, that's all I can comment. She’s from San Diego, I figure if she didnt send me the right roses, I might drive down and talk to her in person.

• Mishu
    last year

Look a bit too identical to David Austin’s Sweet Juliet to my eyes 😅🤣 …..

• Diane Brakefield
    last year

Masora looks too much like my Evelyns for me to get excited about it. It's lovely, but not different enough. Back to the patent thing. I think the US has agreements with some countries to respect their patents, and they respect ours. Attorneys out there? Can you weigh in on this? Diane