Software
Houzz Logo Print
vorrath

Redwood Club Chair

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

****I'm Very excited to announce that my club chair, "Don Draper" will be a part of The Maloof Foundation’s upcoming exhibition, California Wood Artists: Maloof and Beyond, opening on October 2, 2016 and running until February 11th, 2017 at the Maloof museum in Rancho Cucamonga, California.****

Comments (7)

  • 10 years ago

    That is a rad chair! Do you have any photos of the seat?

  • 10 years ago

    That is a very different looking chair.

    Is it comfortable to sit in?

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    It's very comfortable. That's the most popular question. A chair doesn't need foam or padding to be comfortable. (Although, I am planning on getting a small black leather one piece pad for the seat and back rest. I think it can add something else to the chairs look and overall presence.) I measure and design my chairs to fit the human form in the most ergonomic ways. Full scale mock ups tell me where the seat hits me on my legs, and where the back rest needs to hit me to be comfortable. After finding them, that information is applied to the final piece.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    That being said, it won't fit every person the same! So inevitably it hits people in the wrong spots. Usually anyone over about 6'-2" doesn't like where the back rest hits them.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    The wood-work is beautiful! How did you come up with the design? It has traditional elements yet it's far from traditional.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Mid Century Modern is my favorite. I've always like the look and feel of a low back/ high arm rest chair. It puts you in a powerful position. The TV show Mad Men was an endless well for design idea's from this period, and Don Draper is even depicted in a club chair like this one in the opening credits. I couldn't not name the chair after that powerful character.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Looks great team! Welcome to the area!!

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio