Software
Houzz Logo Print
dalecath

Love the roof but would this be a good roof in a snowy climate? Worried about snow piling up and leaking?

13 years ago
mountain retreat · More Info

Comments (4)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi there. Gaulhofer Windows only contributed the windows and doors to this home, so I don't have much info about the rest of the project. But I will say that this home is located in a very snowy region, and the home owner is an architect, so I'm sure drainage was taken into account. :)
  • 12 years ago
    What a work of art! This house is so well integrated to the mountains with it's juts and peaks. Perfect mix of materials,etc.
  • 12 years ago
    it's not very clear from the photos , but is the roof dark gray?
  • 12 years ago
    Looks like an engineering and flashing nightmare in that huge roof valley. Massive snow loading potential and problem area for wetting and leakage. I'd never do it. Looks nice though.