Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gbehazinb

HOW IS THE WEATHER ... 2016 - Part II

Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The part I got long and hard to get to the bottom of it.

So, here is a brand view summer weather thread.

Here is our weather for the starter

Hope your weather is friendly.

Sey

ps:

Interesting sudden transition from low 60s to high 70s and 80s. I take that.

What is more , the night lows getting into 50s territory. I drink to that :-)

Comments (66)

• CC
    7 years ago

56 to 80 and everywhere in between the next 10 days.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

That is nice weather , CC. It is almost perfect for summer gardening.

Sey

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

74' F at... 7 am ???

We'll have 90' F at 3 pm !

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    7 years ago

We are getting into the 'dog days' of spring here in Missouri. HIghs between 85 and 95 and lows in the upper 60s to low 70s. Cool weather crops have either been harvested or bolted but warm season crops are coming on strong. Garlic, Carrots, and early Potatoes will be harvested soon followed by Shallots, bulb Onions, and late Potatoes.

Then it will be time to transplant the fall cool season crops!

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

I was close; the highest today not 90' F, only... 89' F.

What the heck is going on ?

If 90' F in early June, what about July / August ?

Again, maybe my prediction made a few months ago - that we'll have here in New York, 110-115' F - will be true. Still hope I'm wrong.

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

Errr... WHAT ?

2 days ago in the morning there were 74' F.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

We,ve got cold.

After a week of heat waves reaching 95F, it has cooled down to 60. Todays high will be 63F. And night lows will go down to 45F (lowest).

This cool trend should continue for a week and then it will be back to June normal if 70s.

I hope your weather is better !

Sey

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

This morning, June 9 at 6 am at Saint Huberts, New York 47’
    F !

Err, in… June ?

• subdood_ky
    7 years ago

It's been a very schizophrenic spring here in NE Kentucky. Just three weeks ago, we had a freeze, which I've never seen in May anywhere. It seemed to have singed some of our taters, but oddly, didn't seem to affect or corn. Plus, we had a lot of rain in April and May, with cool weather.

But, this week the weather's been very nice, sunny and warm, almost hot. Mostly in the 80's with 90's possible this weekend. We had a bad storm blow though here last weekend, our power went out for about 7 hours, didn't come on until 11:30 Saturday night. This storm did some damage to our tomato/pepper patch, some plants got blown over, but none of them were broken. I propped them back up by piling some dirt around their bases. All of the plants were transplanted last week, and some seem to be going through some shock, maybe because of the storm (see earlier thread).

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

According to this map, the hottest place in the US today,
    was… SOUTH DAKOTA !!!

Huh !?

Texas, California, Florida, helloooooo….

• Chris Vargo
    7 years ago

Hit the low 90s here in Northeast Ohio! Peppers love it!

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It is crazy !

After having 80s and 90s late May and early June, now we are seeing lots low to mid 60s and the night lows going down to 45F. This is even lower than June average. The way it is here , when we get rain the temperatures drop by at least 10 degrees. I guess our rain must be real cold.

So anyway, we can talk about it but can't do a thing about it.

Sey

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

This Sunday, June 12, 2016 at 6 am we have 78’ F.

WHAT ?

And the stupid forecast say highest today… 80’ F.

Maybe 90, or even 95…

There will be a VERY hot day today.

Don’t know about breaking a record, but…

3 days ago, in the morning we had 56' F.

Very weird temperatures this year.

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

Ok, 83 the highest today. Lower than I predicted higher than
    what the weatherman predicted.

We had some heavy COLD winds coming from Canada, so we didn’t
    get the temp that I expected.

• CC
    7 years ago

58, very sunny, 20+ mph chilly wind off Lake Michigan from the north today. I can see I need something to block the wind from my tomatoes and peppers or they'll never grow. Very happy radishes and lettuce though.

• UofT student farmer
    7 years ago

In Toronto, Canada, we experienced 2 days of 45F nights, but yesterday was exceptionally warm. Unfortunately, weatherman predicts that next two nights will be below 50F again... With random showers, a perfect breeding ground for bacterial spots.

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

While I LOOOOVE this weather, something, somewhere is wrong...

• aniajs
    7 years ago

Well, after all that record heat we are having a real cold snap. Got down to 39 last night. Even colder tonight. I see a chance of SNOW in the forecast. It's been windy for the last few days, and looks like we are going to peak today and tomorrow with 50+mph gusts. *sigh* Gotta love this mercurial climate. What season is this, again?

• Ashley Sanchez (8a)
    7 years ago

This is why I hate Texas.

• CC
    7 years ago

Ashley, I used to have to travel to Tx for work and finally told my boss she could fire me if she had to, but I would never set foot in Tx during the summer ever again. It's miserable there in the summer!

• Ashley Sanchez (8a)
    7 years ago

Yes! It's not even summer yet! It's ridiculous, not just hot, so humid it feels like we're people soup!

• digdirt2
    7 years ago

105 degrees today. It is 11 pm here now and 89 degrees and 76% humidity. Nuf said.

Dave

• Ashley Sanchez (8a)
    7 years ago

Wow, that definitely trumps our day! Feel bad for you, Dave!

• centexan254 zone 8 Temple, Tx
    7 years ago

As of 5 minutes ago it is 76 feels like 85 high today will have a heat index of over 112 it will get even hotter for the rest of the next 10 days.

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

Not exactly summer temperature... but I love it.

• janice8bcharlestonsc
    7 years ago

That is so unfair Dave. I am doing OK:. 95 today, 98 for tomorrow.

• digdirt2
    7 years ago

Cool spell. 7:30 pm and it is only 102. :-( At least the humidity is down below 50% today. No point in talking out the toothbrush to play bumble bee tomorrow.

Dave

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

77' F at 10 am.

We might get 90' F.

HOT !

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    7 years ago

110 today, 115 tomorrow. THEN it drops to the high 90's, then back to triple figures. La Nina has kicked in!

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

So lemme see: currently there are 85' F, and the highest today will be... 83' F ???

Weatherman, wake up, damn it !

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Well , prediction and forecast often are different. Sometimes way off.

Anyway , we have been having much cooler than average temps for the second half of June. My plants are just sitting ducks. They have been flowering for over a month now but very few tomatoes are actually growing. The rest are in "nub" stage.

Today and tomorrow's highs will be 64F. But the we will see more sun and temps in 80s for change. C'mon ! it is summer already, for Pete's sake. :-)

Sey

• subdood_ky
    7 years ago

We just had a couple days of very heavy rains, I would wager that we got at least 2". My tomato patch had water running thru it's drainage ditches we had so much. There were some puddles but it looked like it's soaking up and disappating the water well. The mulch did a good job of keeping the splash-up from the mud to a minimum.

Some of the plants look a bit droopy, I would think maybe because of all the water? I've also noticed that a few of my Russian varieties seem to have a "weepy" habit compared with the other domestic types. Has anyone here grown Russian varieties and noticed this characteristic?

It was so humid and warm between the showers. You could be outside just walking around and you'd just be soaked within an hour. I think it's supposed to be sunny but not so humid and hot over the next week.

I didn't care for all the rain at once, but we did need some. We're grateful we didn't get as much rain as those poor folks next door in West Virginia. Awful flooding and damage.

• gigielle
    7 years ago

So far, my garden is absolutely LOVING the weather (we are in Northern Virginia). Decent rain yet the garden is not constantly wet, average humidity, warm/hot, but not ridiculously so. Between the weather and my soil (it is our third year and we heavily amended with homemade compost) our plants are out of control. A number of the tomato plants are already 4-4.5 feet tall, and I just counted 100+ baby tomatoes (not including any cherries) and the plants are loaded with flowers. This is the best things have ever looked at this stage, so I am crossing my fingers we have continued luck.

I really hope this pattern continues. This week is supposed to stay in the 80s.

• janice8bcharlestonsc
    7 years ago

93 with 106 heat index . I checked what was going on out there a while ago. Cukes are loving it. Two stink bugs were doing the nasty. I found some more new tomatoes to cover in hosiery. I have left some uncovered they already marked as decoys. I get mine, they get theirs. I am going to step up my watering frequency. I am glad I left the shade tree standing. The only good thing about the 106 HI is it is too hot for mosquitos. I can stand about 12 minutes. I could stay longer if I had a mister.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Help is on the way :

Starting tomorrow highs will be in high 70s and low 80s for at least couple of weeks. And the night lows will be mostly in 54 to 56F range. PNW, you know !!

Sey

• christacharlene
    7 years ago

Our weather has been nice and summery, warm, mostly humid, occasional severe thunderstorms. A tornado touched about 25 miles from my area the other night, nobody was injured, turned out to be an F-1. Here is my 7 day forecast.

Sat

87°

66°

Sun

92°

70°

Mon

89°

65°

Tue

80°

58°

Wed

78°

56°

Thu

82°

59°

Fri

86°

63°

Sat

86°

63°

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Looking good:

After two weeks of cool weather finally mother nature is co operating.

Those temps are average July temperatures. Better than favorable temps, there will lots of sunshine too.

Sey

• yolos - 8a Ga. Brooks
    7 years ago

Hotter than heck. On Sat the weather station said 99*F. The thermometer in the sun in my garden said 120*F (that is the highest setting on the thermometer so it may have been hotter than that). Hot and humid and no rain.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The last weather forecast that I posted on Jun 25, changed all together to cool temperatures, clouds drizzles, .. miserable weather. Instead of going up to 80s it dropped to 60s. Heyell.

So I just want to go to garden to shout and yell and maybe pull couple of plants to rid myself of the frustration. Arrrrgh !!!

Sey

• janice8bcharlestonsc
    7 years ago

Saw 103 on the thermometer yesterday. Cukes are happy. When the cukes are done, I will pull the tomato plants and the Cukes. I suspect the tomatoes are serving as a trap to keep bad things off of the cukes. Boston pickling are producing like crazy. Straight eights are worthless.

• Vince Kemper
    7 years ago

Crap weather here in the PNW lately. Cool and showery. Haven't watered in over 10 days. It's not enough it rains here for 8 months a year, now it's been a sucky tomato summer too.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Vince, tell me about it !

This is my 4th gardening year up here in PNW and it is absolute the worst. My plants keep growing, flowering but not much of the way of fruiting. June and July temperatures are no better than late April and May.

I have just one variety that is doing better and that is Silvery Fir Tree, in 4 gallon containers.

Sey

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

WOW !

• daniel_nyc
    7 years ago

The highest temperature, today Wednesday, October 19, 2016, in New York City, will be...84' F !!!

Nice Indian Summer this year.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

That is nice in NYC.

Since late Sep I have moved to NC and the summer has not let off yet. Today, 10/19/17 high was 86F. In Seattle 86F is the statistical highest for summer. But here in NC, the highs have yet to go down into 70s after months of 90s.

Sey

• maxjohnson
    7 years ago

I'm taking a big gamble on this global warming to start seeds now, because I don't expect it will get down much below 40*F this year in Miami, hope I'm not wrong.

• garf_gw
    7 years ago

Here in Miami, we just got our first real "cold" front. The temp just broke below 80*. Time to begin in earnest.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

here in NC our lows dropped to 49F. As far as the forecast indicate the temperature range will be 50F to 73F.

I think the summer is over.

Sey

• christacharlene
    7 years ago

My weather outlook for the rest of this week

Tuesday high 59F low 41F

Wednesday high 65 low 56

Thursday high 57 low 42

Friday high 60 low 51

Saturday high 69 low 43

Sunday high 63 low 50

Haven't had our first frost yet but I am sure it is coming soon.

We had some temps in the 80's just a few days ago.

• Seysonn_ 8a-NC/HZ-7
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Tonight our low will make a new low so far : 42F.

But then it will get back to normal : low 50s to mid 70s range.

Fall is here for sure.

sey

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor