Software
Houzz Logo Print
selahbear

Wall Decor Dilemma

10 years ago
This is my living room space. Like most people with that entryway room, we spend very little time there. I don't want to put much energy into redesigning the space (furniture wise) as I have a number of other priorities (like that dining room table); however I do need to do something about the wall decor above the chairs. While I like the pictures that are up there now, they don't introduce an element of color...and they don't really match the room. (The flower petals are white; the room is cream colored).... I also don't like the way they look underneath the three bucket windows. To me, there's just something odd about it. (Granted I have a pretty critical eye for design and I accept that...so I apologize if I sound too picky)....Any new ideas for how I could decorate that wall would be appreciated....and thank you in advance for your suggestions. :)

Comments (11)

  • 10 years ago
    Oh my goodness. This is so exciting. I'm definitely not hung up on furniture placement... In fact, I get bored looking at the same scene day in and day out. I can't wait to play with all these ideas. I'll share an updated picture soon. Thank You! :)
  • 10 years ago

    Moving things around in a room until it looks right to you is the best thing anyone can do in their home! When we moved to our current house last year, I had ideas in my mind how I wanted my furniture arranged but when it came to actually doing it and seeing it done, some things had to be changed. The same with wall decor!

  • 10 years ago
    Absolutely Bev. I happen to love design so I see everything as a personal challenge. I finally got my family room and kitchen set up the way I want them. Here's a pic of that project. Thanks again Ted. More to come!! :)
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I would remove the pictures under the windows. Trim the windows with enough trim to paint a great color...maybe one of your purples...do something outside for lighting, so at night those windows become a focal point.

    Sherwin-Williams · More Info
    Not the best choice of photos, but the idea....make the window niches the art.

  • 10 years ago

    pretty!

  • 10 years ago
    Thanks Ted...I just haven't put any love into it. Your ideas were great though. Working on something now......Really interesting Judy. I may send you a message to get a better idea for what you think can be done with those 3 windows..
  • 10 years ago

    The flowers do look blue-white compared to the ivory furniture. I'd like to see more space between pictures and the windows. Somehow being that close detracts from the pictures. Color would help, too. Also, I would not emphasize the windows.

  • 10 years ago

    What is all the stuff on the console table?

    Would you try pulling the pictures in the dining room together and remove the mirror. Maybe add a thin frame around the pictures. Like this

  • 10 years ago
    I would like to see a picture without the three pictures.
  • 10 years ago
    Tedbixby.... The kitchen and Family Room color is Nomadic Desert.....Sometimes I think it's a bit dark, but it works really well with the off-white cabinets and lighter colored couches.

    LeeLee...What all the stuff was on the console....I have a bunch of my old candles sitting up there for now, but I'll eventually move them around, as I continue to work on other spaces. The house is over 4000 sq. ft. so there're are plenty of spaces to work with. I've decided it's really really hard to make your old home decorations fit into your new and completely different new home. Also, the chocolates are for a new neighbor. Just forgot to move them before snapping the pic.

    I've heard a lot of great ideas today, so let me take it all in...make a few changes...then see what you guys think. Updated pics to share soon. Take care everyone!!! :)