brimd

REVEAL Little Cape/Budget DIY

brimd

I am so happy to share our completed project. We began planning and saving 2 years ago when we acquired my parents' old cabinets from their remodel. Our main floor had a small galley kitchen with little storage and virtually no prep space. A wall separated it from a cramped living room area where the sofa literally butted up against the door to the basement.

Our goal was to reconfigure the space - without extending the footprint - to create a well functioning kitchen and inviting family living/dining area. And to do it ourselves on a "pay as we went" basis.I think we did it! Except for the soapstone installation, DH, my Dad and I did all the work.

Many thanks to all here who helped me with layout and other suggestions. The idea to build an in-the-studs pantry was genius and is one of my favorite features. I have been admiring the kitchens and learning from GWer's for several years. Our results would not have been as good without the inspiration I got here.

I will post specifics later but am eager to share photos.
Here's some BEFORE of the galley kitchen and cramped living room

And here's one during demo

And some AFTERS