Software
Houzz Logo Print
reichkuker

Curtain help in the bedroom

10 years ago

My husband and I have just moved into our first house and I'm trying to figure out what to do about the windows in the master bedroom.

The bedroom faces east so we definitely need some sort of blackout curtain but I don't want it to look heavy in the relatively small room. And I know I'm gonna want to pull them open once we're awake to let the light in. But I'm not sure how to go about adding curtains on top of the blinds that we already have.

The TV won't be staying as it is, we're gonna mount it on the wall between the windows on a swivel mount that could theoretically allow some space behind the TV for the curtains to be drawn. And I'm concerned that there's not really enough room by the closet for curtains to be drawn aside (you can see in the second picture what I mean).

The pictures are a little dark but our walls are BM Sepia Tan and the trim is Valspar Creme Fraiche. Our furniture is dark brown/black wood, and there's nothing in our existing decor to coordinate with (our bedding is red/brown/ivory but we'll probably get a new set).

Thanks for any advice!

Comments (7)