0
patricia_vivian

Please help me choose a color for my wall!

Patricia Vivian
I would like to repaint one wall in color in this all off white colored bedroom, the bed is a pale beige grey velvet french sleigh bed, the wall to be colored in on the right (where it is now dark). I think blush or violet would be soothing, but perhaps you have bolder fresher ideas, please give me your advice! Thanx!

• Patricia Vivian
    Those are gorgeous suggestions thank you all so much!
  • Patricia Vivian
    I dont know anything of those tv shows i dont watch tv except the news, I know New Jersey by NYC right? Anyway thank you all for your suggestions i better choose a paint color by Monday and be done with it, painting one wall will cost me $100 wallpaper $1600 plus 3 weeks waiting etccccc, i shud paint one wall and change it later maybe! Just unstable living here, rattling my nerves and cant think straight, its just one wall!!!

Please help me choose a color to paint my brick fireplace

I think Benjamin Moore's Soft Fern would look great on the walls in this room. As for the dark grout on the fireplace...go with it. Add small black -maybe wrought iron -accent pieces around the room sparingly. It's really a beautiful space. Good luck!

Please help me choose colors for my living room!

reupholstering the sofa is a big expense. Go neutral and maybe a micro fiber to stand the test of time. Since you can see that bright green from the kitchen, I would pull that color in with some varying fabrics. That way in time if you choose to change paint colors in the kitchen you will only have to replace accessories in the living roo. Get a bolder rug too. Love ,love the two matching chairs. Good luck.

PLEASE help me choose the color of my leather sofa

Let's face it, the only color sofa that is not going to show dirt, crayons and markers, spilled juice is black or maybe dark brown. Have you noticed how about 99% of the decor in magazines and on Houzz is light color sofas? That is because black and brown leather sofas are pretty hideous. So I'd say, get the color sofa you like and when you have kids get some industrial strength white washable slipcovers until they are old enough not to ruin the white leather.

Please help me choose paint colors for my bedroom

Yes, try your bedroom with some wall colors. Keep in mind it will look darker once it is on the wall. Have you seen the Sherwin William website? You can pick a paint and add it to a room picture to help you visualize the look. It helped me pick my bathroom light gray wall color. It is hard for me to explain, check out their website: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/
  • shelleyuk
    Eek, not sure what the conversion rate is but wallpaper is not worth paying a fortune for!

Over here in England wallpaper is still very popular and we do often wallpaper whole rooms but accent walls are very popular too. If the wallpaper is really pricey could you use a paint stencil?
  • aniluap2
    If its temporary just paint!
  • Patricia Vivian
    I am going tomorrow to buy a paint color for that one fearure wall, please help me decide which color to get! Pale is nice but maybe babyish, darker is maybe just dull, help please!
  • studio10001
    Still liking the calamine best, or whatever is middle right. Don't think pale equates babyish; reference above pics. for exs.
  • Patricia Vivian
    I swear this is the LAST attempt at procrastination, anyyy advice is welcome and come Wednesday itll all be done!
  • aniluap2
    Patricia its only paint. If you were painting the whole room I would suggest the pale blush but if it's only one wall you want to make a statement so go with the darker pink. It is supposed to be a focal point. One wall is easy to do yourself, you really don't need a painter! If you don't like it, it's easy to paint over.
  • erasistible
    I agree with aniluap2. I also think the darker pink would be good if you are only doing one wall.
  • Patricia Vivian
    Calamine wins guys!!!!! GORGEOUS muted pale pink with a grey undertone, thank you all so much for all your input, boys room tv room and entrance next! Ill put a picture up Wednesday, no clue how to do it myself as u need plaster etc bc holes in the wall, let the guy do it! Thank you all so much!
  • Patricia Vivian
    Thank you so much everyone and a huge thank you to Aniluap2 if it werent for you i never would have found this Farrow and Ball make!!!! Love it very soothing, first instinct is always the best i guess!
  • Patricia Vivian
    One thing id like to add is that in Lebanon typically the bedrooms are tinyyy and at the back of the home with no view etc, so im trying to make the best out of that! Off to buy the tub of paint now, itll take me a few hours just to get there and back, its ok, oh and btw very difficult to find things here! Plus overpriced in a way that would be illegal in another country :P anyway im off have a gorgeous day everyone!
  • studio10001
    Good luck, Vivian.
  • Patricia Vivian
    They didnt have Calamine!!!! The man reluctantly checked and even more reluctantly phoned the other shops to ask them omg, i got Middleton Pink maybe ill mix the tiny sample pot of Calamine with it, typical in this country see why its a miracle to ever get ANYTHING done!
  • hikathyg
    OK, I have to say it. Please don't take offense, because I'm not trying to be harsh, but you need to quit stressing out over this one wall. It's one wall, one paint color. If you hate it you can cover it pretty easily. You haven't chosen any sample that is outrageously hideous, so relax and pick the one you like most. Live with it for a week or two. The wall color that seems like an earth-shattering decision now will probably not be noticed much in a year. Trust me on this one because I have been known to do the same thing to myself (hate to admit that publicly!). Have faith that you will not screw up. :)
  • studio10001
    Patricia, do you have any white on hand? That might give you some more flexability when mixing. So sorry you had trouble....but the good news is: you got paint!! And the wall will be refreshed, even if a little differently than you were thinking. Now you will have a good qualtiy customized color, and I bet it will look great. Deep breath and a paint stick, now.
  • Patricia Vivian
    Ugh i cant read the comments well its not opening up! But i know someone said im being ridiculous i know ur totally right!!! Ludicrous even, itll be painted by tomorrow its all good! Just living here i think, so stressful im trying to zone out or my brain freezes sometimes, guys im a forensic psychologist and, well nothing, its just escaping some realities i think, itll all be fine thanx for all ur input everyone!
  • hikathyg
    No, not calling you ridiculous! It sounds like you have a very stressful job and the decorating was supposed to be a way to detach and relax. It seemed like the wall color choice was taking on a life of its own and just adding more stress. This is supposed to be fun, right? Trust your instincts. The wall color only needs to please you, not everyone here. And color preference is a very personal thing.
  • aniluap2
    Glad i could help.Frustrating to make the long trip for nada! As the saying goes in the US, " let the yellow pages do the walking" in other words call ahead. Did you know that most paint stores, including the big box stores, have equipment that can match any color. So you can take in your paper sample and they will match it, I do it all the time .
  • studio10001
    Patricia needs a joke when she comes back -anybody have a good story?
  • Patricia Vivian
    Hello! Its almost 3 am, i was rudely woken by a nightmare, specifically spiriling down to hell via the secutity here, oh i shudnt share this in the middle of the night!!!! So u see (NOT to feel sorry for me) but i really have issues! Hopefully tomorrow morning when i wake up like this ( bc it happens every night) ill look st a soothing friendly pink wall and think its just a nightmare, no bad guys out there coming to get me, im going back to sleep... Thanx guys for the support perfect strangers i share all this with but more than happy to patiently help me thru it! Im on my balcony heres another soothing view, good nite and sweet dreams to everyone!
    Stamps Design Services
    Have you considered stenciling the accent wall?
  • studio10001
    Sweeter dreams to you, Patricia...and certainly a rosier morning tomorrow!
  • Robin James
    Some one take me off this stupid conversation...
  • Patricia Vivian
    *click to stop notifications* and delete your comments and get out, i dont know how to do it although i just wasted time opening a pc to try, we DONT HAVE TIME in this country for such stupidities, everyone here is so kind and light hearted there is no room for selfish shallow rude people, and if anyone knows how i can "block" anyone please let me know, thanx.
  • Patricia Vivian
    what is a stencil anyway? the painter is painting it now, so pale, very complicated btw! the dust here will take me forever to clean (sandpaper etc) theyre very thorough here it seems! ll post a picture of what Middleton Pink looks like once its finished so that you all know, seems like a chalky powdery very pale pastel, super nice maybe with tons of art on the wall etc but w a bare wall not quite decorative! fresh look anyway!
  • Patricia Vivian
    Love it! Pointless to show the other wall now need to move the bed etc, very "bright" color very soft romantic feminine delicate color love it!
    S&K Interiors LLC
    I recomend that you keep the wall a soft color so that it does not make the space feel too small. The focus of a bedroom should be the so focus on creating a beautiful bed.
  • Patricia Vivian
    Thanx its done already! That super pale pink color, very nice i love it!
  • aniluap2
    So glad it worked out ! I actually think fate worked to your benefit on this one and that's all she wrote.
  • aniluap2
    By the way Patricia, some comments are not even worthy of a response. Some people hide in the anonymity of the Internet and use it as a vehicle to be rude.
  • Patricia Vivian
    Oh who knows, i just came back from a party going to sleep in my new bed in my bedroom for the first time yeyyyy thanx everyone!!!!
  • rod handler
    http://bradbury.com/ has period wallpaper in outrageous colors and styles. Since your day bed harkens back to Edwardian England, these would be v. cool! Do all walls, and something compleimentary on ceiling.
  • Patricia Vivian
    Gorgeous wallpapers thank you do much! Im done with my
    room for now but if i ever want to add id definitely go with these, thank you! Heres a gorgeous onr wow so many colors and patterns!
  • Patricia Vivian
    I really like the room right now thanx everyone! Theres only a bed, a pink wall, and a lamp but its fine for now! Heres a picture of the coloring, thanx everyone!
  • Kym C.
    Hard to see the pink. ;)
  • studio10001
    Soft and elegant; congrats and well wishes.
  • lin15
    I love your bed is it grey or taupe or???
  • Patricia Vivian
    Thank you everyone! I think the color is a pale beigy grey with a golden pink shimmer, looked super pale in the tiny swatch but darker as a big bed, anyway i like it! New bedspread too, everything takes time here but at least its getting done! Thanx everyone for all ur advice!
  • Patricia Vivian
    Do u guys like this chair? Its comfortable and deep, why not? Only one though!
  • aniluap2
    If its comfortable go for it! You can't go wrong with white . Different throw pillows though....
  • justarose86
    I would paint a terra cotta rust with gray, chartreuse, purple & crème pillows and throws. Black & crème Chevron rug
  • Patricia Vivian
    Thank you! It's already done though! Very pale pink wall, white sheets and a pretty pale cream greyish bedspread throw with thin mat silverish embroidery, very soft looking! And a white lamp and thats it for now until i find a side table and, well that's it for now thank you all! Ill post a picture.
  • Patricia Vivian
    Here we go! For now its ok, im living in limbo here, at least its comfortable!
  • studio10001
    It's beautiful, Patricia. I'm so happy you were able to create this much needed oasis for yourself. Continued best wishes, and a safe return home.
  • erasistible
    It looks lovely!
  • Patricia Vivian
    Thank you all so much! You are all so good, I'd love your opinions on beds for my boys (endless i know!) , i wrote it somewhere on Houzz, or shall i post pictures here? Its simple, i need 2 beds, 120X200cm, its down to either full fabric (linen and fake leather - i know, but not sure if thats not too yucky nowadays), or solid wood. Simple sturdy strong beds, thanx if anyone cares to give their input!
  • Ed
    Hi Patricia, Congrats! :)
  • Patricia Vivian
    Thank you all so much! I lost the app on my phone and the internet is so bad here bit i hope this will get sent. Look at this picture its totally incomplete but at least calm, cant believe i spent so long obsessing over a wall color thank you all for your patience!
  • BeenAroundtheBlock

Andrea Prasch. What color is the top sample?