Software
Houzz Logo Print
zamis

15 years ago
What is the countertop material and color?
Kitchen · More Info

Comments (13)

  • PRO
    15 years ago
    Caesarstone's "Raven" - honed and fabricated (double thickness)
  • 15 years ago
    Thank you both! Any chance either of you are in the Chicago suburbs? I need kitchen help :)
  • PRO
    15 years ago
    I travel for clients...
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Zamis - I am a designer in the Chicago suburbs and could help with your kitchen. Let me know if you need any help.
    Karen Javier
  • 14 years ago
    Does the cesearstone "honed" look show a lot of finger prints and streaks? I love the kitchen your designed. Dane
  • 14 years ago
    This is a much smaller version of Ina Garten's "Barn" kitchen, and Traditional Home did a "copy" for "Kitchen of the Year- 2009" at Rock. Plaza in NYC. Google either and you can get the details. Let me know if you need additional sources. I have been studying kitchens for two years in preparation for a remodel. Good luck! I also know a fabulous contractor in Chicago. Fabulous and contractor are rarely used in the same sentence, but in this case, it's appropriate.
  • 14 years ago
    Are there any issues with honing caesarstone that would render it more porous and likely to foster bacteria? I have heard with honing granite that is an issue, but I really want a non-shiny countertop. Am looking at soapstone as well, and welcome any comments on the use of soapstone and it's durability.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    No issues with honed Caesarstone - it's a man made material (quartz) and is therefore non-porous.
    Thanks for asking!
    Kate
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    sduplantier: Wondering who your fabulous contractor is? Any chance you can share the info?? We all need to know great contractors! Thanks.
  • 14 years ago
    Homer Homes, J. Romero. He did a remodel, kitchen and bath, in Chicago for me.
  • 13 years ago
    I was told that honing the ceasarstone voids the warranty?
  • 13 years ago
    I visited a showroom, and maybe it was just bad luck, but the honed Caesarstone showed scratches. Do you think this is common? Or just the unlucky piece that I happened upon? Thanks!