Software
Houzz Logo Print
anthony_prechtl

Extend kitchen across door to garage?

10 years ago

I am buying a house and would like to re-do the kitchen. The main problem is that there are cabinets that block the line of sight from the kitchen to the adjoining room (currently a family room but we're thinking of converting it to a dining room). However if I remove the cabinets like I want, then there would be very little cabinet space. To compensate, I was thinking of adding cabinets into what is currently the breakfast nook and forgetting about the breakfast nook altogether. However, an issue is that there is a door to the garage between the kitchen and breakfast nook, which I imagine would disrupt the flow. Another concern is that skinny, tall window next to the breakfast nook-- if cabinets were installed against that back wall then they would come out to only a few inches shy of the window.


Would love to get some ideas... I'm pretty open. One thing to consider is that we want to turn the family room into a dining room because the breakfast nook is too small to function as a dining room.