Software
Houzz Logo Print
sunflwrs231

Dining Room

10 years ago

I started in design dilemma and have slowly but surely been working on my dining room. My taste has changed and after having a very traditional and heavy feel in my dining room...my new dining room taste is in the works...please offer any suggestions on what can be put behind the buffet table. I have a mirror that could either go behind it or on another wall. Thanks.

This is the before...dark, traditional, heavy....

This is the after....

Comments (7)

  • 10 years ago

    I like the mirror. I'd get candle sconces for either side and use those crystal candlesticks on the buffet. Such a difference!

  • 10 years ago

    I just realized The pic of the mirror has the box it came in around the edges don't know if that makes a difference. So do you suggest mirror above buffet? I will add a photo of the other wall to show you. Yes the wall behind buffet is very long, as well. Thanks for any advice that you could offer me :)

  • 10 years ago

    The other wall and mirror out of box

    Long wall behind buffet

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Yes, a mirror over the buffet wold look great. I think something about 6" longer would be a better proportion. If you can't find a larger mirror, you can always find a more substantial frame and have it re-framed.

  • 10 years ago

    Thank you so much for your time...we have been going back and forth with what to put on this wall...I knew something was off with that mirror :)

  • 10 years ago

    I have a similar setup but used a rococo mirror in my dining room....something Hollywood Regency

    this is the one from my bathroom

    that I bought on ebay


    or venetian would work well.(also on ebay)