Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
richfield95

How do you feel about your white solid surface counters?

richfield95
7 years ago

We are thinking about getting white solid surface counters and I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you that have them (and maybe some pictures). We haven't narrowed down a brand yet, but are looking for something with little to no pattern as our cabinets are wood with a lot of grain.

thank you!

Comments (13)

• crcollins1_gw
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Hi - I have a solid surface island that is not completely white but the background is white. It's Formica sea glass. The countertop does not stain - we've left coffee rings, beets, who knows what all on there. It does show scratches to an extent, what I'd call patina, so if that bothers you, be warned. Esp on white I think the fine marks would be noticeable if it is a large area and well lit. It does not bother me and I just love the feel of the solid surface vs. stone. We've had ours two years. This is when it was new.

Pay no attention to the wobbly faucet - this was before install. :)

• dcward89
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

We have Corian Witch Hazel. it is a just slightly off white background with subtle veining of tan and cream. We have it paired with natural cherry cabinets and I absolutely love it. It absolutely does not stain...wine, coffee, berries...nothing has stained. Ours has gotten a few minor scratches where we pull the coffee pot in and out daily and a scratch on the bar top where a crazy house guest parked their suitcase up there (who does that???) but we have been able to buff those out with Scotch Brite pads . I absolutely love my countertop choice!!!

I tried to post a pic but it's not working.

• Abby Krug
    7 years ago

We've had Corian Witch Hazel in our house for 19 years and it looks brand new. No staining, minor scratching from wear- don't cut right on top- that will scratch. I can't post pictures due to incompetence and we are in the middle of moving out with every kitchen item on top of said counters anyway.

• practigal
    7 years ago

I have Corian witch hazel with cherry wood cabinets. It looks great and its wonderful easy to clean. I would definitely give it some consideration. I like that it has some pattern to it, but the advantage to going with solid white is there would never be any seams anywhere.

• Laurie Gordon
    7 years ago

I chose Caesarstone Ocean Foam. for my back splash and counter tops. Also used it on window sills, it wipes clean effortlessly. My kitchen is all white and I love it.

• richfield95
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Anglophilia your kitchen is beautiful! I'd love to paint my cabinets that color but so far I've had no luck convincing my husband.

i like the idea of the integrated sink but I'm concerned about what would happen if the sink needed to be replaced. Is that a major concern?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    7 years ago

I'm going to be fabricating and installing white solid surface, Livingstone, with granite accents for some clients soon. It never goes out of style and is tough as nails.

• suzanne_sl
    7 years ago

My brother has a white solid surface in the kids' shared bathroom - 4 kids now over 18. It's held up really well with one exception that is applicable to a kitchen. At some point one of the girls managed to leave a burn mark, probably from a curling iron. I think he had it sanded out, so it wasn't fatal. In a kitchen you'd have to be careful to always use trivets or whatever to keep the hot stuff off the surface.

• User
    7 years ago

I had a white Corian at my prior house, and I loved that counter. It felt so soft, so smooth. Sometimes I still miss it. :)

• dcward89
    7 years ago

A couple pics when our Corian Witch Hazel was first installed...I really love these counters!!

• H202
    7 years ago

We've had the bright pure white in Corian and also in quartz. Can't remember exact colors, but i think both were chosen through Ikea at different times. Loved both of them. Always got a lot of compliments. Looks very clean and modern in our all white kitchens. Also did pure white corian in our midcentury walnut bathroom. Also looks great. My mom did white corian in an all-white kitchen in 1989. Sold the house in 2009. Had swapped all the original white appliances by then for stainless, and swapped out the backplash and cabinet hardware before sale. Kitchen sold the house. The corian still looked very modern and striking, thirty years later.

• sjhockeyfan325
    7 years ago

We have solid white Ceasarstone counters (Organic White is the color) in the kitchen and two bathrooms. Been in use since January 2014 and still love it. Easy to care for. (That said, I love the look of the Corian Witch Hazel, too).