Software
Houzz Logo Print
william_denatale

Need help decorating staircase/bedroom.

10 years ago
Firstly, I'm trying to decorate the staircase to my bedroom, which is on the 3rd floor of my house. The window is awkwardly high up (the sill is slightly above floor-level at the top of the stairs). I definitely want to keep the mobile where it is also, since there isn't anywhere else to put it and I do like it where it is.

Second, and more importantly, is the bedroom, which is basically split between a bed area and a work area. I don't think it's great the way it is, and it feels pretty cramped. My first thought would be to get rid of the couch, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I'd love to get to a point where the room feels finished rather than just feeling like another room.

Keep in mind that I'm only a guy in high school so I'm really looking to use things we already have in the house/storage, but I'm still open to any suggestions and I'll make them work as best I can. I guess I'd have to rule out major purchases but smaller buys are definitely within reason. I've also been considering the idea of an open closet for some of my more used clothes.

Also, the panorama is just to get a sense of scale, the other two bedroom photos are more current.

Comments (7)