Software
Houzz Logo Print
crystalbabeyyyyy

Fight over master bedroom? Advice please

10 years ago

Okay so this is extremely childish warning lol.
So me & 3 other girls are renting out a 4 bedroom house. Theres one master bedroom that me and this girl both wanted. The other two girls did not care for it. So me and the girl both decided that we would flip a coin to decide who gets it. We flip a coin and it lands on my side.
Basically the girl was really mad about it but let it go for a few weeks then she asked me if she could have it and that she will pay more. I said no, because fair is fair and if anything I will pay more.
So now its a few more days till we move in and she texted me and said that she does not care about the coin toss anymore, and that we will just have to share the master bedroom.
I told her that I am not OK with that and she insists that she does not care how I feel. I know that she is just saying this so I will give in, but I'm not going to give up.
So I don't know how to go about this? Should I wait until move in day and if she starts to put it in should I just take it out? Or what? I don't want this to turn into something physically, because she has the tendency to become violent when angry.

Comments (5)

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    She sounds like a spoiled child who always got her way growing up. It would have been ok if she had won and she wouldn't have shared it with you. Stick to your guns and if she gets violent call the police and find another roommate. Once you are all moved in she is going to want HER way with everything.

  • 10 years ago

    First of all, it's "This girl and I", not "me and this girl." Always put the other person first in that phrase, not oneself, and to determine if it's "Me" or "I" ask yourself if you would say, "Me flipped a coin" or "I flipped a coin".

    "Me" would be used in a sentence like, "The gift was for both he and me." Again, you would not say, "The gift was for I".

    Sorry, I know that's obnoxious, but that is a language faux pas that is so common and which drives me nuts.

    (not to mention that you are women, not girls).

    The other woman sounds like she is going to be an awful housemate, whether you share a room with her or not. She sounds like one of those people who has no tolerance for not getting her way and no maturity or coping skills for when she doesn't.

    Good luck with her.

    As for the bedroom, I'd suggest you have it for one year, then she can have it for a year, etc.

  • 10 years ago

    You want to share an apartment with someone that might get violent, and who seems unstable????

    I'd find a different roommate situation.

    And it makes sense that whoever gets a mstr bdm would pay a larger rent.

  • 10 years ago

    Wow. I personally would not want to share an apartment with someone who behaves like this and is potentially violent. Is that going to be how it is every time she doesn't get her way? Is everyone going to walk on eggshells because she might blow up at any moment? I'm curious as to what the other 2 think of the situation?

    I also would not want to have to move my room every year. Are the other rooms really that bad? Is there some sort of reason you both want the master? (ie: attached ensuite, good view, substantially larger etc.) I'm curious to see how this turns out. Are you all on the lease or just one person? If it's just one person, maybe have them decide how it's handled (That can get tricky though). If they are not drama Queen's (unlike this other girl you're dealing with) they might just say the original deal stands. Good luck and keep up posted :)

  • 10 years ago

    If her name isn't on the lease, find another roommate. If she doesn't get violent over this, it sounds like she might over something else. Who wants to share space with someone like that? Let her live alone and have it all her own way.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations