Software
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Linoto sale

10 years ago

$30 off if you purchase $200. I ordered a fitted sheet and contour pillow cases. I hope I love it because as much as I love my Rough Linen, I really miss the ease of a fitted sheet


Happy Labor Day!

USE CODE LBDY30 TO SAVE $30 ON ANY ORDER OVER $200 THROUGH 09/10/2016 AT WWW.LINOTO.COM


Comments (41)

  • 10 years ago

    Very happy with my set. The fitted sheet is extremely well made and fits my bed perfectly. I found they they began to soften up after about 5 washings.


    What is a countour pillow case? Is that the same as a sham?

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I went to the web site and love the founder's story! I think Larsi should get the linen boxer shorts.

    Linen boxer shorts


  • 10 years ago

    Thanks Rocco. My pillow is a tempurpedic contour pillow. It has the hump under your neck. I'm hoping that's what the cases are for or I'll have to return them. The only cases I've found for my pillow (in 5 years) are from IKEA.

  • 10 years ago

    Omgosh I may need to add boxers to my cart.

  • 10 years ago

    LOL

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    @debbi branka - got it. Let us know.

  • 10 years ago

    @enduring....I think AlexChicago has been jonesing for those linen boxer shorts for a while ;)

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Larsi, lol. These shorts have got good reviews. I would love a review soon. Christmas is just around the corner.

  • 10 years ago

    I have totally been wanting those boxers, and I would really like to order a white fitted sheet. Is it reasonable to think the white will be the same white as the RL sheets I have? Really quite tempted!

  • 10 years ago

    It appears that there are 2 lines of linen on his web site. One is called out as Belgian Linen, I believe and the other is just linen. There is a significant price difference.

  • 10 years ago

    Alex, that's exactly what I just ordered. I'm adding on the boxers. I can let you know. It expecting my RL to be a little creamier than the Linoto but we'll see.

  • 10 years ago

    Ok everyone I just ordered the boxers :)

  • 10 years ago

    So, what's the update on Linoto? Curious to hear how it went with the new purchases.

  • 10 years ago

    Hasn't shipped yet. I've read in reviews that it takes 2-4 weeks to ship.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    My sheets took some time. I found that to be true. It was about 2 weeks. They are super busy. I had wanted a custom linen nightgown and emailed them but never got an answer.

    But the sheets have been great. Cannot say I would swap them in for my percale or my fave sateen set as I love the slickness of those. Linen has a different texture but do enjoy them. It just feels like a different bed.

  • 10 years ago

    @Roc - I wound up not ordering anything (yet). Spendy month with two trips to the east coast for wedding, etc. Maybe next month, though as we get into the cooler season I'll be way more tempted to splurge on a linen coverlet than on any more sheets.

  • 10 years ago

    @debbiBranka - No joy?

  • 10 years ago

    Still haven't heard anything yet Roco.

  • 10 years ago

    Well, worth the wait. Of course, sheets aren't usually needed quickly.

  • 10 years ago

    I was hoping for the boxers while it was still summer :)

  • 10 years ago

    Well I got a FedEx notification that my package was delivered today. I hope it's the boxers too, because the shipping email just showed the fitted sheet and contour cases.

  • 10 years ago

    So the sheets and boxers are beautifully packaged. They do require a signature from FedEx, so I had to wait an extra day (missed the first day). The sheets are quite substantial, like Rough Linen. They are slightly whiter than my Rough Linen. I didn't try the fitted sheet yet. It was late and I didn't have time to change the bed, plus I just changed it Sunday. But I did use a pillowcase. It was very smooth feeling - smoother than my Rough Linen. That may be because they were pressed. I don't iron mine. So we'll see for sure after I wash and dry these. Also, remember I ordered the contour pillowcases for my Tempurpedic contour pillow. They weren't what I expected. I expected a case in the shape that I buy at Ikea (the only ones I've found that are made for a contour pillow). These are just a regular pillow case. Much too long for my contour pillow, although the perfect width. Ikea contour pillow cases I will let you know further after I put the fitted sheet on, and after I wash the pillow case. I'm very pleased with the quality and feel so far.

  • 10 years ago

    What about the boxers?

  • 10 years ago

    They arrived. Didn't try them yet.

  • 10 years ago

    Boxers are great! So nicely made. I wear a size 8 and ordered a small. I think I'd rather have medium, but the small is alright. I love the fitted sheet. It's fits my tempurpedic mattress perfectly. The weave seems the same as my RL Orkney, which is slightly looser weave then my RL smooth white. The linen feels the same weight as my RL. I will order another flat sheet from Linoto as soon as there's another sale. Thank you (I think Roco) for recommending them!

  • 10 years ago

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Funny I just checked in! So glad you like them @debbibranka. Very happy with mine which are on the bed this week again. Set's been laundered about 5-6 times now and it beginning to soften up and smooth out a bit. It takes some time.

    Linoto is definitely a good source of quality linen and I appreciate their sales and discounts. Since they custom-make it just takes a few weeks. But I feel it's worth the wait.

  • 10 years ago

    Debbie, do you sew? In the pattern industry, the sizes are still like in the old days, meaning the 60's and at least the early 70's. At that time I took a size "large" and wore a size "14" usually. I weighed about 140lbs. So if this gentleman is using patterns from the industry, a small in his system, is probably smaller than a current , off the rack, size 8.

    For example, if anyone is interested, a size 8 in a current pattern has a hip measurement of 33.5"; waist=24; bust=31.5". That's a pretty small size. But in "off the rack" sizing, the woman with these measurements would be swimming in an "8", I believe. When I lost a bunch of weight 10 years ago (sadly put most of it back on), I was down to 160lbs and wore generally a size 12, but in the old days to get into that size I would have to weigh 135lbs, IIRC.

    I believe the sizes have changed at least 2 times since my youth and maybe even 3.

  • 9 years ago

    Yes, Enduring, I sew - or I used to sew. I know about patterns and sizes. Isn't it strange how the industry has changed sizes - to make us feel better that we're buying a smaller size when really we're bigger than ever (at least I am!). The boxers are actually men's boxers, and the size small said 32" waist. Now, after 50 I did wonder where my waist went, but I didn't think it was bigger than 32!!! The waist is actually fine, but the pant part that covers the butt cheeks is definitely made for a man and not a gramma :)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Debbi, can you send them back for another size? Maybe not since their boxers :/

  • 9 years ago

    VERY different! And I've washed the boxers (with my other linen) and only dried for a few minutes - they were still very damp when I laid them flat to dry - and they shrunk quite a bit. Like they were super tight to the point of uncomfortable when I put them on (that made me think I want a LARGE instead of M next time!). I already had them on and slept in them and the did stretch back out a bit by morning so they're not skin tight, but still definitely too small.

    Enduring, I guess I'll email and ask if they can be exchanged, but I'm thinking probably not (although I wear them as pajama pants, not as underwear!).

  • 9 years ago

    Worth a try.

  • 9 years ago

    I emailed him about it and about a shipping refund (which was discussed when I first ordered). He promptly issued the shipping refund, but didn't respond to my question about the boxers. I guess that means the answer is no.

  • 9 years ago

    I just received an email coupon from LINOTO. Terms are 10% off a $250+ purchase good thru 10.15.16.

    Coupon code is SAVE10FALL.


    Debbi Branka thanked Salmo Trutta
  • 9 years ago

    Did anyone notice a sale? I didn't see anything for Christmas. I got notice a while back, but 10% off $250 or more. I just need one more fitted sheet and it's $149. So I guess no more deals :(

  • 9 years ago

    Debbi maybe they will run a January/White sale.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    They did have a sale pre Christmas -- it was in November. A friend of mine bought a set. But discounts are unlikely on individual pieces.

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks Roco - I got notice of that sale, but you had to spend $250. I only need to spend $149. And that November sale was 10% off $250 or more I think, which the labor day sale was $30 off $200 or more, so 15% if you only spent $200. He must be getting enough business that he doesn't need to run good sales now :(

  • 9 years ago

    Oh, I was wrong. The November was $40 off $250. I guess I'll just order my $149 and not worry about it.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    He's selling sets, not pieces. No incentive to discount single pieces. For one piece I doubt there will be any break unless he has it on clearance. I would get what I needed. Or wait until I got another set and do it as an add on with the benefit of a discount.

    BTW -- for anyone considering...I've been rotating my linen set in every other week for six months now. It's taken that long for it to start to break in and soften up. These are very different sheets from anything else I have.