Software
Houzz Logo Print
slbdesigns

Need Suggestions & ideas for painting the house exterior

13 years ago
Hello,
I live in the northeast and my house was hit by Storm Sandy. After some repairs, I'm now ready to paint the exterior. I would like to take this opportunity to update the front and add some curb appeal, but I am on a tight budget. As you can see the lower portion is brick and the upper portion is wood shingles. To me the brick makes the house look dated (it was built in the 1950's). I would like a more unified look, and would like some suggestions how to add some architectural interest. I plan on doing some landscaping later. right now I can only want to focus on the house. Please comment on the following; 1. Need color suggestions. Would like to stay neutral. 2. Thoughts about painting the brick and wood shingles the same color. 3. Any updates or low cost architectural details I can add.

Comments (8)