Software
Houzz Logo Print
wcdoran

Honed Mystery White sparkle

10 years ago
I was given a sample of honed mystery white marble and noticed that it really sparkles. I was told that is due to the Quartz in it. Will that be overwhelming to have an entire kitchen with sparkley countertops? I have attached a photo, not sure if you can see the sparkles. I would love to hear from anyone who has honed mystery white counters. Thanks!!

Comments (14)

  • 10 years ago

    it would make me berserk in anything other than a bathroom.

  • 10 years ago

    I have Bianco Antico granite which is loaded with sparkles...and I love it. Personal preference is all that matters.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi @wcdoran! I agree that personal preference is all that matters here. If you like the idea of having a little "bling" in your kitchen, go for it! I hope this helps. Wendi

    www.inspiredinteriorsbywendi.com

  • 10 years ago
    I love the simplicity of it. I want a clean, white kitchen. I plan to use oil rubbed bronze knobs and wood accent pieces to warm it up...I will have a medium brown wood floor. Just don't want it to look too fancy with the sparkle. Hopefully the wood will tone down the effect of the sparkle.
    Thanks for all of your replies!!!
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi @wcdoran I think sparkles like these look pretty subtle. It almost just adds like a pretty sheen too it. If you are really worried about not liking the sparkles you can always get a quartz without the sparkles. Good luck!

  • 10 years ago

    the sparkle is prominent under a source of light, when in the shadow (picture shows) it becomes softer, awesome selection marble all the way from Namibia

  • 10 years ago

    I think it is beautiful

  • 10 years ago
    Thank you so much for your positive feedback about the sparkles. From what I hear Mystery White is a very hard marble, would love to hear from anyone who has personal experience living with it.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Looks like mica sparkling to me.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    No sparkles for me in any countertop, but it is, indeed, a personal preference.

  • 9 years ago

    Marble is marble. It all itches and stains. "Durability'' is a decorator myth.

    Marble patina · More Info

    marble patina · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    Yeah, honestly, if you want simple and clean, you might be better with a really pure white quartz.

  • 5 years ago

    i'm not crazy about the issues with marble but i want the veins in my white with that sparkle. give me sparkles anywhere and I am happy. the glossy sparkle of backsplash, floors, countertops? yes count me in....i'd spend a lot of time around them. Given how much i love sparkles, glittery items. I do not have many. my husband is army retired....need I say more? i will tell you though. this last year with covid and him working at home? whenever i feel down in any way whatsoever......i start looking at sparkling items online.....acrylics, diamonds, topaz, if it glitters? i am going to be looking....snowflakes are about the only thing I collect and since i'm picky....my collection is small. Pardon the lack of "penmanship" so to speak. I cannot seem to find a sight that has a visualizer where i can see the cabinets, counters, backsplash, floors and walls to see how the colors go together. we live in the boonies and a hotspot is all i have. driving an hour to a store is not my idea of fun. if you know of any sight....please let me know at cutijuti@gmail.com.....btw kids made my screenname lol