Software
Houzz Logo Print
amderk

Which flooring for my bathroom?

10 years ago

Ok so far we picked these 3 vinyl flooring which we liked for our bathroom.

We have espresso cabinets and a greyish wall.


What at do you think?

Comments (23)

  • 10 years ago

    Is this vinyl plank? I like the far one.

  • 10 years ago

    I like the light one best

  • 10 years ago

    is the oak trim staying? if so none of them, the top one is no, middle is no, light is ok but looks pink with oak

  • 10 years ago

    Ok to answer a few questions. It is sheet vinyl.

    also no the oak trim is going and will be replaced with white trim.

  • 10 years ago

    Should I be looking for something totally different?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    No one uses sheet vinyl. Even the vinyl planks are better than sheet.

  • 10 years ago

    People who are on a tight budget use sheet vinyl. It is practical. Not something a designer would choose, of course. But if you have the money, I would suggest using something else.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    You are mistaken if you think sheet vinyl is inexpensive. Let's say the room requires a piece 7x5, They are still going to make you pay for the 12 or 13 ft wide piece of sheet vinyl. Why pay for something you don't require? With planks or tile you can just purchase what is required.

  • 10 years ago
    Can you give us more samples? A color between the top and bottom? The middle is a definite NO.
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I don’t like any of them and definately not the middle one as for the type I would agree a vinyl plank would have a little higher end feel, too bad you chose espresso for the cabinet but now it is there I guess something with a gray/ brown mix

  • 10 years ago

    It was the only inexpensive option the last time I had to use it. LVP was not yet available. Tile cost more in labor to install if you have to hire someone to do it.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Krismays, the vinyl tile is free lay these days. It doesn't even get glued down.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I always considered that inferior to sheet goods for wet areas.

  • 10 years ago

    Question why would someone install vinyl planking in a bathroom where wetness would be a concern?

  • 10 years ago

    heading back to another carpet store today, any photos of what else I should look for?

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    What is your counter top? A simple way to get a floor is to look to the counter top for inspiration. Take a photo of the counter top (or better yet the sample you have kept for just this reason) and go floor shopping.

    And I have no problem with sheet vinyl. It is a great product for bathrooms. Sheet has the added benefit of being FULLY impervious to surface spills. I like it. Go ahead and use the sheet vinyl. There are some very handsome versions out there for (as you can see) a great price.

    Good luck. Use your counter tops to guide you.

  • 10 years ago

    The vinyl planking is very resilient. My floor person has had a piece of it in a fishbowl of water for 18 months. It's still in perfect condition.

    Still, I would use tile, and this from a person who even built a custom home and used vinyl sheet goods in laundry and baths. At the time, I felt it was easiest to clean, and it is. But now tile has won me over. No off-gassing and that's important to me. Better design.

    But vinyl sheet goods are very practical, easy to clean and yes, people still use them. There are some wonderful patterns out there, too.

  • 10 years ago

    Also, I wanted to suggest you look at Marmoleum/Linoleum. It is actually a green product, but works just as well as vinyl without so much off gassing.

  • 10 years ago

    Cancork Floor Inc. I just checked our counter top as I had forgotten what it is and it's all white.

  • 10 years ago

    Closest to photo taker. Light wood look. DEFINITELY not middle


  • 10 years ago

    What flooring is outside of the bathroom? That will be a factor as well.

    Of those three I'd choose the one closest to the camera (lightest one) but I think you may be able to do better. If your hallway floor (or whatever room is outside of the bathroom) is hardwood I would not do a wood-look vinyl.

  • 10 years ago

    Ok so here is the carpet we've decided to go with in the bedrooms and family room. We will be choosing different flooring than shown fir the bathroom and craft room. I'll keep you updated.



    Mohawk design portrait wild oats


    next to choose paint.