Software
Houzz Logo Print
levitta

Pedestal sink

10 years ago
Hello,

Do you know who makes the pedestal sink and the model number?
Thanks!
Barrier-Free Shower Stall · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Kohler Bancroft 30" K-2347-8-0

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    This shower enclosure is a hydro slider by CR Laurence. The stationary panel can be installed with channel on the floor, does not need to be in the tile (the same channel that is on the wall in this photo). Please note that there is a large crack between the 2 pieces of glass and if the shower head is positioned so it hits the glass a lot of water will spray between the 2 panels getting the outside floor wet. Additionally it is hard to reach the water to turn the shower on without getting wet. Most installations of this enclosure are done so the operable panel is the on the side of the shower head and turn on valves to avoid these issues.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Hillcrest Glass didn't discuss their comment with me first. If they had, I would have gladly told them it is not like most installations. I prepared full size templates for the glass fabricator. I installed the glass, not the fabricator. It is a Hydroslide, but pretty much nothing else Hillcrest said is true. The controls are on the left off camera, and the operator does not get wet, until they walk under the shower head or flip to the hand shower. There is no channel on the side. Water does not easily spray out during normal use. This is a waterproof bathroom using Schluter Kerdi and Ditra membranes. It is OK to flood the floor for cleaning. Water will drain in to the shower. It will not leak or escape through risers, or toilet waste or doorways. The reason I set the bottom of the glass in to the tile is I don't want metal channels, or allow anybody else to install them. They are ugly, and mostly they are screwed through the membrane. The way I do it is waterproof. Completely waterproof.


  • PRO
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Wow! Didn't mean to start an argument, just provide some info. It sounds like you know your glass. My comment was aimed at the general use of hydro-sliders not your specific installation-which is beautiful! We never screw channel in on the bottom so the water barrier is not pierced, it's adhered with high bond adhesive and silicone. The reason I added the info is that we have lots of people who come to our showroom with photos and their specific application won't allow for some installations. Each installation is different and there are limitations in some and not others, just food for thought not ammunition for a fight. I'm waving the white flag : )

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Sure. I am still learning to drive this home improvement social media truck too. Good to know you don't penetrate waterproof membranes when you adhere channels.