Software
Houzz Logo Print
hlct

Help with the finishing touches to the console table in a dream bedroom

13 years ago
We'd like to finish the console table by putting something between the lamps. Not to sure what to put, fell it needs something, but don't want to overfill it. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments (15)

  • 13 years ago
    a low solid decorative box or tray. have you considered converting the lamps to wireless? it would look much better without the cords. google or utube for instructions.
  • 13 years ago
    I have now attached images of the whole room. Would also appreciate comments on our other discussions re dresser and bedside tables.
  • 13 years ago
    Have to ask, is this your master bedroom or a guest room? I am wondering about the function. Where do you place all those pillows at night when you (or a guest) go to bed? And do those little lights above the bed give you enough light?

    I would take down the little lights and place the two lamps on the bedside tables. Use the candles as display on the console table.
  • 13 years ago
    Mmmmmmmui
  • 13 years ago
    I would pick a bright color and use something as the focal for the table in between the lamps.
  • 13 years ago
    I love your room but it will make more sence to put your hurricane lamps on the console and the table lamps at the night stands the other thing that I was gonna say I think you have a place between the two windows for it (((in my opinion ))) it will be better there and the chair where the console used to be finally your room is an empty slate add pillow, painting , or any thing you want unless you like concept less is more. Have fun
  • 13 years ago
    This is the master bedroom, and yes, the pillows do go on the floor at night time!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    The console table, lamps, and mirror are very nice but these items all have a "transparent" quality so it makes the whole area look ungrounded. A long basket filled with tall grasses on the lower shelf would camouflage the cords and add some weight to the table. A stack of books topped with a simple bowl or other decorative object would be all that is needed between the lamps... I like both lamps on the console table but they do need to be pushed further apart.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/query/console-table
    Check out this article on console tables - very informative and will give you some tips on making yours work.
    Good luck
  • 13 years ago
    Hi, I would put the bed on another wall and put console table between wall lights with the mirror over it but put one of your hurricane lamps and some books or a plant or both on it and the chair I would put in front of window in bath if room or in that corner with a stand up lamp behind it to read etc. Love you rooms just needs some rearranging and a tad of color maybe change out the green for something bolder like red, orange even a dark purple. Good luck with what you decide.
  • 13 years ago
    Keitha, good call to add some weight to the base of the table to ground it.

    I am wondering if the glass console table should just be moved out to a different room. I don't see a purpose to it here. I would replace it with a small chest of drawers that could hold something useful (socks, accessories, sheets, etc). If the mirror were also moved, a taller chest would also fit.
  • 13 years ago
    I thought the mirror was a window because it is reflecting the window. I would put a painting there instead. If I kept the lamps, I would put something on the bottom to hide the cords. I also think that a small chest in that spot would be a better choice.
  • 13 years ago
    I was going to say a bowl, with some color, filled with interesting objects...
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks everyone for the contributions, we've got some great ideas and it's prompted a few of our own as well. Now...... if someone could have a look at our other discussions - "Help with the finishing touches to the dresser in a dream bedroom" & " Help with the finishing touches to the bedside tables in a dream bedroom" and could give us some advice on these as well, we would be really appreciative!