Charlotte
7 years ago
Where were you able to hide them?
Ocean Blvd$ · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Surreal Systems LLC
    7 years ago

Hi Charlotte, thats a great question and one we get often. In this case we hide the subwoofer inside the cavity behind the TV. If you look closely on the wood panel to the right of the TV there is a small vent at the bottom of it, the sub is behind the vent. We are able to place subwoofers in lots of places including cabinets, walls, ceilings and furniture pieces. Thanks for the question and please let us know if we can answer any other questions for you.

• Charlotte
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks! I see it. Yes, almost complete with our new build and now they're bringing in these big subwoofers that look like dorm refrigerators. Yuck! It's ruined my whole design so asking them alternative ideas. I have a beautiful fireplace wall with windows to the floor flanking each side. They wanted to put big black subwoofers in front of windows and curtains and lovely shiplap walls. :(

• PRO
    Surreal Systems LLC
    7 years ago

Well that does pose a problem. Sound Performance wise the " dorm refrigerator" subs are the best, but if the aesthetics of the room are more important than the in-wall, in-ceiling and hidden subs are the best. Make sure that if you install an in-ceiling sub that you take into consideration the room above it as the sound from in-ceiling speakers and subs can bleed sound into those rooms and you will need to use sound deadening material or devices to prevent it.