Software
Houzz Logo Print
pennymoon

Master bedroom

9 years ago

This is the entrance into the master bedroom. I don't have room for another chair, but would like to fill in the empty space. I don't think the basket is working or maybe it's too small. Suggestions!

Comments (12)

  • 9 years ago

    i vote a larger basket or a chair.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Don’t really see the purpose of the chair or the basket just a bit larger table and as mentioned the art hug closer together

  • 9 years ago

    I don' see any empty space that needs to be filled. I agree with above though - art closer together and larger table - right now I think the lamp looks large for size of table.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Thanks, ladies. I don't have room for a larger table-would be in the way of walking, but I can move the art closer together and use a smaller lamp, I'll use the chair elsewhere.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I've got to get the artwork hung, but I had a larger table that I wasn't using, it's already looking better. I will use a smaller lamp,


    but should I do a pair of just one? Or, now that the table is larger, could I use the larger one in the first photo?

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    The table plus lamp together should measure 58-64" above the floor if that helps you decide. Generally allow one frame's width between the art pieces, but when hung they should be 75% as wide as the table. That might be an issue here. Is there somewhere else where they could hang? Perhaps 5" above a sofa. Then art over this table can be smaller and proportional to the table's length. Consider the fact that each piece of art is actually larger than the table's surface - that's bad proportion and poor balance.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Thank you for your advice, but there's no where else for the artwork. I need the art for height because of the tall ceiling. Pictures can be deceiving, the width of the frame is less than the table width. The artwork came as a pair-made to hang together. Previous comments were that I had too much space between them, and I needed a larger table-which I did change, This is is one time I'm going to break "the rules!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    @decoenthusiaste: I dont feel so bad about breaking the rules. Here's a photo that a professional decorater posted on this same website. Talking about imbalance! Here you go! Notice how much smaller the table is than the mirror. At least my pictures aren't going to extend beyond my table!

  • 9 years ago

    and yet? i have no problem with it. brew hahaha!

  • 9 years ago

    boom....just trying to make a point, especially when someone starts quoting me measurements and gets all technical. Professionals don't always go by "the rules".

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Rules are made to be broken, but most dilemma posters know so little about the "rules" that they just need a few. Usually the issues they are dealing with can be solved by some simple "rules of thumb." Doesn't mean everybody has to go by them. I always presume (unless otherwise informed) that posters are not aware of some simple measuring tricks that will bring their problems into proportion and balance. I'm wondering if your two art pieces would work above a pair of bedside tables.