Software
Houzz Logo Print
bssonn

What wall color?

9 years ago

Floor- natural white oak

Cabinets - white

Island top - River White

Perimeter countertops - Casesarstone Concrete

Backsplash - TBA

Kitchen has been opened to Family Room.

What color for the wall???

Comments (18)

  • 9 years ago
    Is the stone installed yet? If not, I would wait until it is to see what colors are revealed in your home.
    Vi Truvian thanked life4real
  • 9 years ago

    No, nothing is installed. The counters will be the last to go in. I live in fear of having several paint brush wielding painters tapping their feet waiting on me to decide on a color.

  • 9 years ago
    I think it would be a mistake to select too soon. You could really go toward any color family you like so you could narrow it down quite a bit.
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    those are beautiful choices you have! I just used a light gray in my room. it's a true gray with no undertones. (I know because I watched them mix it. it only got a squirt of black!) BM Gray Cloud. Pick up a sample and try it in your family room. See how it looks w/your lighting. a gray w/a tad of beige to it, Valspar "Gravity". nice light shade (although I hate Valspar paint and had it mixed with Behr. BM can never match colors) would go w/your island colors

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    You fixed elements are falling in a blue-grey undertone. Benjamin Moore Stonington Grey HC-170 or Grey Owl OC-52 might be good choices. I've used Coventry Gray HC-169 with CS Concrete and it turned out really nice too.

    Fall In Love With Your Home - Townhouse Reno · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    I don't see a lot of natural light so I would do a,sample boards to make sure you don't go too dark. Love that stone.
    Make sure you work with fabricators to get exact look you want.
  • 9 years ago
    Kwal Tin Man is an absolutely neutral pale gray.
  • 9 years ago

    Why does everything need to be grey??? Your cabinets and counters are neutral, why not use an actual color on the walls? Blue, green, yellow, red—pick your favorite and inject some life into your home!

  • 9 years ago
    Revere Pewter
  • 9 years ago

    Thank you, all. disfromage, I love your comment but I'm just not a color on the wall kind of person.

  • 9 years ago

    Then grey it is! You might want to take a look at BM Classic Grey for a very pale, somewhat warm grey.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Understand that BM Revere Pewter has warm undertones and in some light can look beige. So go for pure gray. That means formulation should have no color tints. Personally, I would go for something with a bit more color. The grays, after folks have lived with them, drive them to adding colors because the grays are depressing!!! So, look at some of the off whites with a bit of green or blue. Look at BM Sea Salt for example. That might be a really good choice. But, you have to do sample boards and check in the light of the space, because your light makes all paint look different than chips or anything. Going for some color.

  • 9 years ago

    Check out Ben Moore Tranquility or Sea Glass. If you are bent on no color, you might consider one of the more dramatic greys or a dark blue grey.

    Vi Truvian thanked cicada2
  • 9 years ago

    Thank you. What would be a more dramatic grey?

    I am noticing that Benjamin Moore is, by far, the paint company of choice. Why is that?

  • 9 years ago

    Yep, I think of dramatic as darker greys, some have interesting undertones - green, blue, purple. Dont know what the rest of your palette is in the adjacent room.

    We have moved a lot. Sold a lot. Painted a lot. I've taken a Ben Moore contractors paint chips book with me to start the process. Always find what I need and colors stay true. I buy samples, paint a large section of wall, and watch what the light does through the day. Always worth the effort.

    Love your stone.

    Vi Truvian thanked cicada2
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Putting together a kitchen color palette can be challenging!
    Here is a great article that might help: Kitchen
    Color Palette

    Lahinch Drive, Lemont IL · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    You have to decide what you can live with over time. Also, even Sherwin Williams cannot exactly replicate BM colors in my opinion. Color is important to me and I absolutely notice slight differences. Not every one is like that. Also what Flo said is absolutely correct. What is green on the chip in the store can be blue in your home. The lighting in your home really makes a difference. I think some even very slight color other than grey would be nice.
    Vi Truvian thanked life4real