Software
Houzz Logo Print
michie22

How to delete a post?

9 years ago
Hi, does anyone know how to delete a post?

Comments (18)

  • 9 years ago
    Is this the post you need to delete? :-)
    I believe the only way to do that is to contact Houzz support and ask very nicely.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    If you want to delete a COMMENT , simply click on edit and delete the text. If a posted question? Ask Houzz to remove

  • 9 years ago

    And you can only delete a comment on the web version not the app

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    You can easily delete one of your posts (a comment) by clicking on "Delete", to the right of your name on that post. If it's a dilemma you started and someone has responded to, then you must contact Houzz.

  • 9 years ago
    Thanks everyone! I use the App version and could not find any edit options. Thanks for clearing it up for me :)
  • 9 years ago
    Has anyone had success deleting?
  • 9 years ago

    I use the Edit function a lot and Delete occasionally. There's a time limit for how long you can use either one, but I'm not sure what is is. Maybe a few days...?

  • 9 years ago
    I don't have an edit function.
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    meowza - there's an edit function on the PC version of Houzz, but not on the app.

    For example, I wrote the above line, submitted it, waited a bit, then hit the "edit" button on the top right corner of my comment, and added this sentence.

  • 9 years ago


    (Houzz)Hi there,
    Thank you for reaching out to Houzz Support!
    Discussions on Houzz are not removed once other users have engaged with
    them because it is disruptive to the experience of the community.
    Best,The Houzz Team

    PerpetualtodoNo one seems to know. The author of a post should be able to
    delete it, whenever s/he wishes to do so, and without struggle. Is this
    possible? If so can you let me know how?


  • 9 years ago

    Now I have seen one poster put in perhaps a dozen or more utterly inane postings, get a response or two, and then delete the posting, so it can be done. How he does it is not clear to me. But trolls have their own expertise, I suppose.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I asked Houzz to delete a post and they refused.

  • 3 years ago

    I have asked and they refuse. It’s insane that a company won’t let you remove a post from a discussion board. I’ve never come across this before on any other site.

  • 3 years ago

    Houzz response to me was that removal of a post is "disruptive" to the experience of the community. It's true, I felt disrupted. So much so that I stopped using the site.

  • 3 years ago

    @perpetualtodo yes, exactly! I’d rather use Reddit’s design group now or just ask friends rather than post on here now.
    And it’s all because my post had pictures in it that I realized later shouldn’t be posted. You’d think Houzz would respect that, but they’d rather parrot the same stupid phrase that no other forum uses or abides by. It’s ridiculous. Bye houzz.

  • 3 years ago

    I’ve just learned I can’t delete something I posted. I can, however, delete the app and all its data and never visit the site again. I’ll be sure to spread the word. As another poster said, BYE HOUZZ.

  • 9 hours ago

    Old thread, I know, but I don’t think it at all ridiculous that you can’t delete a design dilemma’s entire thread once people have engaged with it. There are numerous people on here who spend countless hours and a lot of energy helping with dilemmas, even looking up or creating pictures to illustrate their points. Wiping out all that effort would be ridiculous and discouraging. Just as ridiculous as when Amazon deleted all those discussions in the comments on reviews —thousands of hours of collective effort and knowledge (I haven’t written a review on Amazon since). As for Reddit, I love it too, but there are countless times I’ve come across a thread in which the original poster has deleted their post, leaving it a mystery what all the responses are actually addressing. Very annoying.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting