Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_slocum7630770

Need help with bathroom

Ashley S
7 years ago

Can I just get some opinions? I can't tell if I like the blue vanity choice. It was a bold move on our part and I'm not sure I like the outcome. Does anyone like it or does it look horrible? Doing champagne bronze hardware . We don't have any lighting hooked up in there yet so the pics with the countertops is natural light on a cloudy day, the one with no countertops is natural lighting on a sunny day.

Any suggestions, ideas, etc would be much appreciated.

Comments (46)

• PRO
    Bull Run Kitchen Bath Design
    7 years ago

Love it! Good job.

Ashley S thanked Bull Run Kitchen Bath Design
  • Ashley S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you! So you don't think the color choice looks cheesy or tacky?

• Sammy
    7 years ago

Oh: And I think the Champagne bronze is going to look great, too. If anyone tries to talk you into chrome, stainless, or oil rubbed bronze, DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! ;)

• Sammy
    7 years ago

Cheesy or tacky? Quite the opposite. It's a very classic, rich color.

Ashley S thanked Sammy
  • PRO
    WS Granite Tops
    7 years ago

I liked your blue cabinets!

I think your floor tile looks busy because is too small.

But after its all done and you add a rug and the mirror, faucets, etc will look very beautiful!

Post a picture when its done =)

Ashley S thanked WS Granite Tops
  • PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    7 years ago

It's lovely. Navy is the new black!

Ashley S thanked Sabrina Alfin Interiors
  • kmcnarney
    7 years ago
    Love the blue! Nice job!
    Ashley S thanked kmcnarney
  • suzyq53
    7 years ago

Ooh la la!

Ashley S thanked suzyq53
  • PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Looks great, once you see it all finished I'm sure you will be loving it!

Ashley S thanked User
  • tedbixby
    7 years ago

Navy is so neutral. I love it. And your choice in hardware style and color- perfect! Bravo. Your friends and family will be so jealous when they see it :) Job well done.

• skbetyar
    7 years ago

I love it. I wanted to do an ink like blue too! Glad to see it here! and with the fixtures!

Ashley S thanked skbetyar
  • skbetyar
    7 years ago

can you tell me what the countertop is?

Ashley S thanked skbetyar
  • kzed
    7 years ago
    It is gorgeous! Great choice.
    Ashley S thanked kzed
  • User
    7 years ago

I think it looks good. When it's all done please share a finished photo! :)

Ashley S thanked User
  • shushe123
    7 years ago

LOVE

Ashley S thanked shushe123
  • torreykm
    7 years ago

It's all beautiful!

Ashley S thanked torreykm
  • Ashley S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you all! Your comments make me feel much better about our selections. And yes, I agree, the small tile is too busy to me. There was a mixup in our request for the tile selection and it had already been installed by the time I saw it :-(

• Kivi
    7 years ago
    Don't second guess it at all. Looks great!
    Ashley S thanked Kivi
  • tedbixby
    7 years ago

The floor is fine. It will disappear once everything is in there. Enjoy.

Ashley S thanked tedbixby
  • Ashley S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Skbetyar it's a Carerra marble, I can get more info on it for you if needed

• KK Johnson
    7 years ago
    What type of mirrors will you have? I love your choices so far and if you are wanting to add more lighting which would be great for daily grooming or putting on makeup would be the mirrors with lighting built in
  • Judy
    7 years ago

I am wanting to do the same fixture color you are doing. Where did you find the sconce and have you picked out a mirror yet? I am having trouble finding drawer pulls, faucet, mirror and sconces that are all the champagne bronze color. What hardware are you using for your vanity? My vanity is light grey but my bathroom walls will be navy.

• mod220
    7 years ago

We want to do Kohler hardware in powder room, we have french blue wallpaper, light charcoal floor, white pedestal. leaning towards either brushed gold, brushed bronze or maybe french gold...but no idea what to do for light and mirror since none of the collections have those!

• Judy
    7 years ago

If you have finished your bathroom I would love to see a photo! As I commented before, I am doing my bathroom in a similar color scheme and I am having a hard time finding champagne bronze matching hardware. Would love to see what you did.

Ashley S thanked Judy
  • Ashley S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi Judy, I'll post a photo for you shortly. We haven't finished yet but are getting close. With a 6 month old around, not much spare time for home remodeling I found my hardware on Amazon and would be happy to share links with you if you need it. We LOVE the champagne bronze color though!

• Judy
    7 years ago

Yes, please share links with me!!! I am having a heck of time finding a mirror, sconces, faucet and pulls that match. I might have to do the faucet & pulls in champagne bronze and then do a mirror & sconces in brushed chrome or nickel since I am having such a hard time finding a bronze mirror or sconces that are similar and don't cost over $300 each!

• PRO
    User
    7 years ago

Judy,

The faucet is from Delta, they make many faucets and accessories in the champagne bronze finish. Another company called Brizo is owned by Delta and should have some similar styles and finishes. You can check out their websites to see. There is also a brushed gold finish Kohler makes and they have light fixtures to match. If you want to see it all in person you might have a local plumbing showroom that sells the brands mentioned above with something on display. Good luck!

• Judy
    7 years ago

Staci,

My biggest problem is finding a mirror to go along with that finish as well. Or a color that would at least compliment it.

• Ashley S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hi all!! So sorry but I lost this thread and couldn't find again till now! Here's a photo of how it's looking so far, still need to hang mirrors and towel rings. We are buying brass mirror clips to hang them with. We love how the vanity turned out though!!

• Ashley S
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Judy, here are the links to what we purchased:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-1-1-4-in-Drum-Champagne-Bronze-Cabinet-Knob-P35538C-CZ-CP/207033029

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-3-in-76mm-Champagne-Bronze-Bar-Pull-P30781C-CZ-CP/205187304

The shower and faucet hardware I ordered off amazon via Delta Faucet and got a MUCH better deal than shopping in store. Faucet was $156 via amazon and shower hardware was about $230

We ordered the light fixtures off Wayfair-

https://www.wayfair.com/Wade-Logan%C2%AE-Rickford-1-Light-Bath-Sconce-WADL8407.html

• Judy
    7 years ago

Thank you so much for the links! Your bathroom looks great!!

Ashley S thanked Judy
  • PRO
    KLM Builders & Remodeling
    7 years ago

Looks beautiful! Love the navy blue vanity! Sharp, clean, and elegant. Great job!

Ashley S thanked KLM Builders & Remodeling
  • jeannetteburgess
    7 years ago
    I think your bathroom is beautiful. I am curious if your cabinets are Kraftmaid and if that is their midnight color. We are doing Kraftmaid cabinets in our kitchen . Canvas for the wall cabinets, greyloft for the island and midnight for the beverage center.
    Ashley S thanked jeannetteburgess
  • jeannetteburgess
    7 years ago
    Btw, I love the floor and don't think it is too busy.
    Ashley S thanked jeannetteburgess
  • Ashley S
    Original Author
    7 years ago

thank you!! :-) Jeanette, no, our cabinets aren't Kraftmaid, we had a cabinet maker do them for us.

• Tressa Jordan
    6 years ago

What finish are your frameless shower door clips and handle?

• Ashley S
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Champagne bronze

• Wendy Raffaelli
    6 years ago

Hope this thread is still alive!! A. Love the blue. B. considering champagne bronze for my remodel but having a tough time finding shower door hardware to match. What did you end up using? Thanks in advance.

• rast_melody
    6 years ago

I am looking for 48 in pivot shower door with brushed brass hardware. Any ideas that aren’t going to bankrupt me?

• barbjeanjohn
    5 years ago

Did you buy the shower door with the hardware, or did you swap it out for the champagne bronze? If all-in-one can you link to the shower door?

• mel_mahoney
    5 years ago

This post began a long while ago, but I'm currently looking for a mirror to go with the same faucet! Wondering where you purchased your brass mirror clips from and would you kindly post a picture of your mirrors? Thanks!

• Wendy Raffaelli
    5 years ago
    Mel Mahoney I did the same champagne bronze hardware and was able to find mirrors at both west elm and pottery barn. Ended up with the west elm mirrors because I couldn’t use the pivot in the space I had.
  • Lindsey
    4 years ago

@Wendy Raffaelli did you do the antique brass finish on the mirrors?

• sarahg728
    3 years ago

Just selected all champagne bronze faucets and shower head etc.... looking for frameless shower frame that matches... what did you go with?

• Naomi Doriott
    3 years ago

Where did you get your mirrors? Any chance you have a link? I have the same faucet and am not finding a mirror to match. It’s getting stressful So help appreciated!!