Software
Houzz Logo Print
kday72

Miele Auto Roast

9 years ago

I have the 30" Miele H6780BP Convection Oven with Master Chef, etc. and my question is about the Auto Roast function.

Q - When setting the Auto Roast, it automatically sets the "Temperature" to 375*F and then asks for the "Core Temp" for the probe/thermometer. I have been setting the Core Temp for what the meat temp should be but I've not been changing the regular "Temperature". Should I be?

On the "How to cook a turkey" page it says "Turn the oven on and select “Auto Roast” setting. Adjust roast probe temperature to 175°F. ("Auto Roast" will sear the turkey at 450°F to seal in flavor and then finish roasting at 325°F.)" I've done that but I never see the temperature display go above the 375*. When the oven reaches 375* the temperature display shows 375* and never goes up to the 450 as it says. Is this right or am I doing something wrong?

I've read several of the old Miele roasting threads about but can't seem to find the answer to this specific question...

Thanks!