Software
Houzz Logo Print
newhomeowner49684

What do you think!?! Suggestions?

13 years ago
Before & After. My Dad did all the work :)

Comments (51)

  • 13 years ago
    Looks really nice. You're very lucky you have such a skilled father! I definitely would have taken wall out.
  • 13 years ago
    Kudos to your Dad!! Looks like he did a LOT of work and it looks wonderful!
  • 13 years ago
    Very nice.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    It is so bright and open now. Hardly recognizable it as the same room. Amazing!
  • 13 years ago
    We are planning a remodel of a kitchen similar to your u-shaped "before" to open it to the existing living area... hope to have as nice a result as yours. Well done!
  • 13 years ago
    Good luck!!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great job. Give your Dad a pat on the back from me too!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    wow ! what a difference ! lucky you to have such a talented Dad !
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Fantastic job ! Lucky you !
  • 13 years ago
    wow... felicidades por tu papá :)
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Very nice! Great idea taking the wall out...you have so much more room!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Not sure if I'm seeing this correctly, but it looks like the tile is 24" so the counter is exactly 24" with not much overhang and no overhang on the bar area. Is that correct?

    Opening up the wall made a huge difference.
  • 13 years ago
    REally great Your Dad is the Best !
  • 13 years ago
    @nFORMALdesign No, the counter longer, there are about 3 tiles on it. There isn't much overhang because it would take over too much of our living room. That was definitely a design dilemma in which we took a few days to ponder. Thanks for the thought though!
  • 13 years ago
    Look's great!
  • 13 years ago
    Looks wonderful! Such a huge difference. Nice choices with your finishes.
  • 13 years ago
    major improvement, great job! you will have lots of fun with your first home, wish houzz was around when i did mine
  • 13 years ago
    Very nice, I love your bar stools too!
  • 13 years ago
    Congrats on your new home and remodel! Opening up that wall was an excellent idea!
  • 13 years ago
    Congrats! Great upgrade and Great Dad. You need to hug him bigtime!
  • 13 years ago
    awesome job looks great!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great job. Can I adopt your Dad?
  • 13 years ago
    Looks beautiful. Good job, Dad!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Way to open up the space! Cheers Dad!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great job of opening the space!
  • 13 years ago
    Great job Dad !
  • 13 years ago
    looks amazing....
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Is Dad free now? You and your Dad made a great team and did a great job. Very nice, thank you for sharing.
  • 13 years ago
    @purcellquality,inc me too!! Gota save for that granite!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Great job with the color choices, makes a bold statement.
  • 13 years ago
    I need to borrow your father; I am buying a home and it is a lot of DIY projects. He did a great job!
  • 13 years ago
    Can I borrow your Dad?
  • 13 years ago
    Remain calm and call Dad!!! Very nice area. Well done.
  • 13 years ago
    Very nice. I love your color choices and this is a great 1st home kitchen! There are many that wouldnt dream of getting this far. I love it and love how you saved (tile vs granite) you will get there but this looks Fantastic .. Love of a father is something ;)
  • 13 years ago
    Wow! Your Dad deserves a really nice fathers day gift this year :) Really nice choices. Removing the wall made such a HUGE difference- I can't believe it's the same space.
  • 13 years ago
    Where did you get the stools? Love the W Thirteen sign as well.
  • 13 years ago
    Got to be proud of your Dad he did a great job. I wonder if he would like to come over to my house?
  • 13 years ago
    Wow! I'm very impressed - I bet you love it!
  • 13 years ago
    looks really good -- nice work dad!
  • 13 years ago
    I really like the makeover. To keep the kitchen in a "new" and model home look, find a place for everything on the countertop and keep it clutter free. Stage it with a nicely located picture or two. Add some nicely framed photos or pictures under the cabinets, or add some sparkly glass or metallic mosaic tiles on the backsplash. You will love it every day if you can keep the clutter away. Nice job on the remodel.
  • 13 years ago
    Your dad is awesome! Love it!
  • 13 years ago
    @RandyReed I got the stools from Kohls!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Gotta love having a Dad that is generous with his time and handy, also! Looks great!
  • 13 years ago
    Haha love it!
  • 13 years ago
    Great job dad special for your princess huh! Blessings to all ! Now get to work on that bathroom!
  • 13 years ago
    You did a beautiful job!!! Dads are the best!
  • 13 years ago
    Lucky you, your father does excellent work. Looks great!
  • 13 years ago
    I liked before! Of course I'm kidding. Very not bad.
  • 13 years ago
    Decades better. Dads rule.

    However, good catch nFormal. Without overhang, you can't use those stools, at least to eat at the counter. By having them there, they're taking up space in your living room roughly equivalent to the overhang if it had been put in!