Software
Houzz Logo Print
andra_paduraru

Babygirl room

9 years ago
Hi,
I need some help to finish decorating my daughter's room (she has 15 months). In this moment this is how we sat the furniture, but I' m not very excited about how it looks. Any ideas for the furniture setup?

Comments (15)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    It's not the floor plan that is so bad you just need to make it more girly. Paint the walls a fun color or you can wallpaper them. Buy some artwork and new window treatments. Start a theme going!.

  • 9 years ago
    Oh yes, i will out some paintings and add some color on the walls, but first i need to finish the furniture arrangaments
  • 9 years ago
    I' m not sure about the bed and table, if there are ok in that place
  • 9 years ago
    Try to move the dresser a little closer to the sofa. Then turn the bed so the larger end is flat to the wall under the light and coming out into the room.
  • 9 years ago

    I think the problem is that ur trying to fit a little girl room into a half adult theme room, because that's what it looks like with the loveseat in the room.

    But if u must keep it there then at least paint, n dress up the room with pictures, curtains etc, anything to make her feel like it's Her room. As far as the bed, I understand why it's against the wall so for now n until she gets a big bed, then just putting her stuff animals on it will say to her "this is my world"...

  • 9 years ago

    I see the rocker, so I don't really understand the need for the loveseat unless it is a sleeper sofa for guests. If you keep it here, slip the run under the front 1/3 of it.the rug seems a bit large since it runs into the cubby and changing chest. I would not trust a 15-mo old to sleep in a bed without rails yet.

  • 9 years ago
    The room is large and her furniture is tiny, yet her bed is blocked off by other furniture. Try putting that little table closer to the love seat so you can sit with her while she plays and colors.

    As with most rooms, the furniture would look better with at least the front feet on the area rug. So either pull the furniture in, or get a larger rug. You might be able to move the rug all the way into the bed corner and get a smaller (cheap) rug for under the table. That way if she makes a mess (spilled paint, for example) you can easily replace the small rug.
  • 9 years ago
    Also, I like to look out the window while seated. Can you swap the bookcase and love seat? Maybe put her little table in front of the window?
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    If you can put loveseat in another room, this would be best. Right now it totally dominates the room making the bed look like dollhouse furniture. I don't think it is colorful either. If you can replace the rug with a colorful one and then move the dresser to the wall by the door and the bed further into the room with the headboard against the wall. More colorful bedding to coordinate with a new rug would also help. Bring in some pillows if the loveseat has to stay. Bright pink and apple greens work well together.
  • 9 years ago
    Thank you all for your suggestions.
    Unfortunately, i can not remove the loveseat yet.
    I will put some artwork on the walls and a wallpaper like this (but in light pink). I'm thinking to put the bed like in the picture also...
    Maybe after i will put a nightstand, some baskets with toys, a few extra pillows on the bed, the room it will look better
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I am wondering why she is still not in a crib , 15 months seems really young to be having all the space to get into trouble if she wakes in the night just my opinion. As for furniture arrangement , that loveseat in front of the window is not safe and her bed just seems to be shoved in the corner I would put something in front of the window that she cannot possibly get on top of for now and move the loveseat to where the dresser is paint and decals are a great way to dress up walls and the decals let you change to what she likes as she ages

  • 9 years ago
    We go the montessori way and we want her to be able to climb in her bed by herself. We will put a protection like in the picture above.
  • 9 years ago
    My kids were out of a crib around that age, too. Safer for them vs climbing over a crib rail and falling. Once you start potty training, they need to be able to get to the bathroom.
  • 9 years ago
    Oh yes