Software
Houzz Logo Print
jbenfo

vanity & sink for 1930s bathroom?

9 years ago

Hi there. As we finish up a kitchen and DR renovation/addition and our budget is dwindling, my husband has decided he also wants to replace the rickety pedestal sink in our only main floor bath. You know, the old "while the plumber is here, why don't we also..," argument.

I'm trying to keep the general style of things true to the house (a modest 1930s cape cod) - and think a simple retro pedestal or console sink would do that best. BUT, for a variety of reasons (storage needs, existing UGLY old plumbing and a battered wall), more of a vanity style might be preferable. I'm having trouble finding anything that makes sense.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something that might feel like it fits the house/period, and doesn't look like a press-board cube from a big box store? Like I said, budget IS an issue. And, space is tight so we need something small. Thank you!!

Comments (5)