Software
Houzz Logo Print
jdieball

Stumped on a Backsplash

9 years ago

I'm completely stumped on what to choose for a backsplash in our new kitchen. I need to get this decided or it's going to sit like this forever...and I need to get the hood up. Anyone out there with an eye for it? I would appreciate all suggestions!

Comments (15)

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I would do a white subway 2.5 x 10.5" inches in a herringbone pattern install. Try Elyse Edwards/ "Tongue in Chic"/ Color "You don't snow me". It's inexpensive, it looks hand cut and far more expensive, and it will be sensational with the counter tops. ( white grout ) Link below, and the color comes up VERY poorly. "you don't snow me" is a very clean, bright white) I know from using it four times.

    http://www.alysedwards.com/collections/31/tongue-in-chic

    Jessie Dieball thanked JAN MOYER
  • 9 years ago

    Great kitchen. Of your choices, I'd eliminate the little round ones.

    I like the bottom one because it has curves like the marble.

    Jessie Dieball thanked auntthelma
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Would
    you consider a metal backsplash for your kitchen? A stainless steel or
    aluminum backsplash would brighten up your kitchen space and tie up nicely
    your countertop with your appliances.


    Eden Mosaic Tile Installations: River Rock Pattern Mosaic Stainless Steel Tile · More Info


    Eden Mosaic Tile Installations: Random Mix Steel - Glass II Tile · More Info

    Eden Mosaic Tile Installations: Stainless Steel Bricks/Gray Basalt Stone Tile · More Info

    Eden Mosaic Tile Installations: 3D Silver And Pewter Aluminum Square Tile · More Info

    Eden Mosaic Tile installations: Modern Cobble Stainless Steel/Silver Glass Tile · More Info

    We are a premium online supplier of metal mosaic tiles
    for backsplash and other wall applications. If you are looking for ideas, feel
    free to browse our customer installations for metal backsplash ideas:

    http://www.houzz.com/projects/72838/eden-mosaic-tile-installations

    You can also check out our Houzz store at:

    https://www.houzz.com/pro/edenmosaictile/eden-mosaic-tile


    We offer the possibility to receive samples.


    Good luck with your backsplash design!

    Jessie Dieball thanked Eden Mosaic Tile
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Truly beautiful cabinetry and kitchen!

    Unlike the other suggestions, I would go with the round tiles. I would do a grout in a similar color to the tile so you don't see the pattern until you get closer. Although, I would get a round tile that is a touch larger --right now those feel a bit too small proportionally. I feel like the round tile is unexpected and would add a subtle touch of interest and texture to your already beautiful kitchen.

    Hope this helps!

  • 9 years ago

    I'd do the pale gray (arabesque or bricks) on your sample board -- light enough to keep the room light, but just gray enough to pick up the veining of the counters. I will admit, however, that from my screen I can't judge whether it's a good match with the gray tones in the stone. Anyway, try to match the grout to the tile, so that you don't get a busy effect from the contrast.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I agree to keep it simple; maybe a white subway; for this kitchen I'm more fond of tile vs stone and take the tile up and around the window

    Jessie Dieball thanked Joni Koenig Interiors
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    JAN MOYER just checked out the tiles you suggested --those are gorgeous!

    I'm personally going to put a pin in those for later ;)

  • 9 years ago


    What other colors do you have in your room? Go with a color. And go all around the window. And up to the ceiling behind the range hood.

    Jessie Dieball thanked leelee
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    These might not be your cup of whatever but you don't have to stay with dull colors.


    Jessie Dieball thanked leelee
  • 9 years ago

    If you want white this is a great tile

    Jessie Dieball thanked leelee
  • 9 years ago

    Thank you all for your help! Great suggestions by everyone! I'll update you all once we get done. hopefully soon!


  • 9 years ago
    We have our backsplash done! Thank you all for your great suggestions. It's so nice for people as uncreative as I am to get help from you all!
  • 9 years ago

    It's beautiful!

  • 9 years ago

    Looks great!

    What brand and style did you use? I would like to check it out for my kitchen